U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2007, 05:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,819 times

Advertisements

Hey i'm Daniel, i have been trying to find a good realtor to work with on selling my home and i found Wyatt Group Realty [ Mod cut: removed link to commercial site ]

can anyone tell me or know if they are a good realtor or anything. i dont know much about them.. any help would be great thanks!

Last edited by Mike from back east; 11-16-2007 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: Links to commercial sites are not allowed by the TOS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 06:26 PM

20,819 posts, read 39,016,065 times
Here's one way to check a realtor:
- Quality Service Certification® - Provides value and quality service for home buyers and sellers (http://www.qualityservice.org/default.aspx - broken link)

There are thousands to choose from. Interview several. The website for Wyatt Group is pretty but that means little.

NOTE TO REALTORS: Contact the O.P. via DM, not in the forum. Thank you!

Old 11-16-2007, 09:36 PM

48 posts, read 164,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms85 View Post
Hey i'm Daniel, i have been trying to find a good realtor to work with on selling my home and i found Wyatt Group Realty [ Mod cut: removed link to commercial site ]

can anyone tell me or know if they are a good realtor or anything. i dont know much about them.. any help would be great thanks!
Don't shy away from the "discount" or full service listing companies that will list your home for less than the typical commission structures of most real estate companies in the area.

Do your research on getting a full-service listing and make sure you interview the agent. A lot of really great, intelligent agents work for smaller companies b/c of flexibility in work schedules, work from home opportunities, and not having any desk/franchise fees for being part of a big company.

Plus, a lot of "smaller" companies will get your home marketed on the internet on many more sites than some of the big name, local real estate companies. Over 80% of buyers start looking for their next home on the internet. You want to ensure your agent will maximize your presence on the internet and market your home on as many sites as possible.

Believe it or not a friend of my family listed his million dollar home with a local big name company, big name agent. After 6 months of wondering why his home hadn't sold, I talked with him about how his home was being marketed and how his home was "different" and more desirable than the other similiar
like homes in his neighborhood. His agent told him he was on 5 web sites!!! Are you kidding me?

The name of the game in the current Denver market is finding an agent who will think outside of the box and will go above and beyond in working to sell your home. You need someone who will be creative and not rely on the "tradition" or "old" way of doing things. Buying and selling real estate has changed. Make sure you find an agent who is adapting to the industry.

Good luck!!!

Old 11-16-2007, 10:58 PM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 12 days ago)

10,879 posts, read 29,287,649 times
Houses in HR are selling. The 'trick" is to price is well to begin with. Depending on the location and the condition, staging might help. A local Realtor will help with a pricing strategy. Once you have 15 showings or two weeks without a showing, and no offer you need to reevaluate the price.

A good Realtor will have a helpful booklet on getting your property in show home condition, will help you decide on a price, a marketing strategy...until you get an offer and then the fun begins...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or