Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 06:55 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

From today's Daily Camera:

Northwest Rail gets biggest play at RTD telephone town hall - Boulder Daily Camera

**Regional Transportation District Director Chuck Sisk kept the fires of optimism burning that the Northwest Rail will become reality much sooner than three decades from now, as more than 3,500 people joined a telephone town hall with Sisk and agency staff members Thursday evening. . . "I'm still convinced that it will happen, even in my lifetime," the 68-year-old former Louisville mayor told the telephone audience. "It won't be by 2042, it's going to be well before that." **
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 03:16 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,717,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Sorry, I thought you meant traffic lights, which made no sense to me. I don't remember a lack of street lights on the Denver Interstates to be a problem. Anyway there are some pretty dark freeway stretches here in northern California. San Jose uses terrible yellow street lights which are practically worthless. Once late at night, I almost ran into a single vehicle accident on the freeway, that I could hardly see. I guess the LA freeways probably are better lit, but they are 10 or 12 lanes wide. They should have more lights.
When I was in L.A. a couple of years back, I was amazed at how well lit the freeway was. But here in Denver, sometimes it's downright scary! Dark freeways and driving at high speeds, great. I just really wish we had better lighting. Anyone take I-76 from I-25 heading east around 8-9 PM?

Old 10-28-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Walking is an excellent idea. But from the Union Station "Bus Box" to Civic Center is almost one and a half miles. Thats a three mile round trip walk per day. I'm pretty sure thats more walking then the vast majority of people want to do. But if you are up for it.
Don't forget winter time, or rainy time. No way am I walking from Union to Civic.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:05 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,023,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverLawGal View Post
When I was in L.A. a couple of years back, I was amazed at how well lit the freeway was. But here in Denver, sometimes it's downright scary! Dark freeways and driving at high speeds, great. I just really wish we had better lighting. Anyone take I-76 from I-25 heading east around 8-9 PM?
All I can say is, if you think that is bad, try driving in San Jose. This is what it looks like, and no these are not yellow traffic lights. Those are the street lights. Thats all the light you get here

Old 10-29-2013, 09:46 AM

KaaBoom, I think that's still more than you get on I-76 headed eastbound. It's seriously dark. And since no one is on the road later in the evening, you don't even get the guy in front of you to follow!

Old 11-06-2013, 01:00 PM

3,125 posts, read 5,047,057 times
Default North Metro line only going to 124th ave

The North Metro line is going to be built out to 124th ave by 2018. Not quite up to my area but I'll take what we can get. Here is the announcement.

http://www.rtd-fastracks.com/media/u...se_11-5-13.pdf

Edit: They also have a new detailed map of the North Metro corridor. You have to zoom in alot to see the interesting details.

http://www.rtd-fastracks.com/media/u...l-10-18-13.pdf

Last edited by mic111; 11-06-2013 at 01:14 PM..

Old 11-06-2013, 06:13 PM

371 posts, read 493,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic111 View Post
The North Metro line is going to be built out to 124th ave by 2018. Not quite up to my area but I'll take what we can get. Here is the announcement.

http://www.rtd-fastracks.com/media/u...se_11-5-13.pdf

Edit: They also have a new detailed map of the North Metro corridor. You have to zoom in alot to see the interesting details.

http://www.rtd-fastracks.com/media/u...l-10-18-13.pdf
This is awesome news, but I'm terrified of what it will do to the rental rate for the apartment we have right in between the 88th and 100th avenue park and rides.

Just texted the boyfriend stating we will need to either buy soon, or move. LOL

Old 11-07-2013, 07:07 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmet View Post
This is awesome news, but I'm terrified of what it will do to the rental rate for the apartment we have right in between the 88th and 100th avenue park and rides.

You do have about five years, and this is just a proposal at this time.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:20 AM

599 posts, read 953,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmet View Post

Just move somewhere along US-36, where there will NEVER be any train service. Of course, you will still PAY for train service, it just won't come anywhere near you.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:39 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,132,082 times
The North Rail was approved by RTD last night. From the Denver Post:

RTD board approves North Rail Line

Quote:
A $343 million contract to build the North Metro Rail Line from Denver Union Station to 124th Avenue was approved Tuesday night by the Regional Transportation District board of directors.

The contract was awarded to Graham, Balfour Beatty, Hamon Constructors by a 14-1 vote. Board member Natalie Menten was the dissenting vote.

Contractors have committed to finish the line to 124th by January 2018.

The construction to 124th will be built with the funding that RTD currently has available, which will serve the majority of the projected ridership for the corridor, say RTD officials. . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver