U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2007, 12:50 PM

11 posts, read 34,909 times

Advertisements

Hello,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hoping to move to parker,colorado around june or so....husband is transferring to denver............. been to co. many times and love it...........looked at houses in parker.........found some nice ones.......took a tour of chaparral hs.........I have 3 kids...........1 going into hs in august, 1 going into 5th grade and a 2 year old........Just wondering if anyone has any info on this high school personally,,,,,,,,,,,, the scores look good............. and I am a pediatric rn,,,,,,,,,,, I see that there is a childrens hospital at parker adventist................any info?????????or on denver childrens new hospital ...............Any information is appreciated............... thanks........so much........

Last edited by Mike from back east; 11-18-2007 at 02:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 26 days ago)

10,892 posts, read 29,338,995 times
June is a long time from now. Where in Denver will hubby work? Denver is a big place. Why limit yourself to Chapparel?

Old 11-18-2007, 11:06 PM

86,904 posts, read 102,377,003 times
A pediatric what? The new Children's Hospital main hospital is in Aurora.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:16 PM

Default why is chaparral not a good high school?/ best high school in parker

waiting to move till june,,so my son can finish junior high.
then looking at parker..........my husband will be working right off 470 (is it 470) i think.........about 25 miles from there ,,from parker........so want to live maybe in stonegate area,,,,,,,,,closer access to hwy..........and the hs
is chaparral..............I am a pediatric rn.............any info on childrens at parker adventist or childrens........in aurora......(the new campus)
would appreciate any info.............Which high school is best in Parker?????
thanks............

Old 11-26-2007, 12:00 AM

1 posts, read 3,149 times
Default Parker Adventist Hospital

You can also visit Centura Health - Welcome to Centura Health to find other pediatric jobs in the Denver metro area.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:24 AM

291 posts, read 1,917,464 times
I live near the area and there is nothing wrong with life there. Chaparral is as good as any among Douglas Schools which are above average for the area. The Childrens' wing at Parker Hospital is a very welcome additon to the community and as far as I can see is as complete as the 'other' Children's Hospital, just on a smaller scale. It's great to know those of us with kids in the 'burbs don't need to drive through the congestion of Aurora to get to Children's, even though they recently moved closer to us. We are so thankful our kid has never been to a hospital, but it's comforting to know there is a "real" Children's Hospital nearby.

If Stonegate is good enough for you, you might want to expand your search just a few miles. There are some homes with huge lots a little to the east, and much nicer houses for not a lot more money 1 exit farther east on E-470, especially the Tallyn's Reach area, where "luxury" homes are selling for less than they were bought new. There's nothing wrong there, it's just the timing: many of the homes were bought during the subprime rush, and these people now need to get out. Overall, I would rather live in Parker than those areas in or near Aurora, but you'll get more house for the money and lower taxes.

Otherwise, if you're looking for a pass/fail on the Adventist/Stonegate scenerio, you're good to go.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:10 AM

Hey bill,,,,,,,,,thanks for the information..............so you live in Parker? you said homes in tallyns reach...........thats aurora right..........we looked at homes,,in beacon point,,in aurora,,,beautiful.then right across the street was tallyns reach wherere we looked also.......but,,really liked parker,,i guess cause of the schools,,the many activities for the kids.....I have 3 kids..and ........stonegate,,,,,,,being close to 470.............the lots are small in Parker,,,,,,,,you are saying tallyns reach ?????..or are u talking about
another area in Parker...............I looked at the pinery.......bigger lots but farther commute,,,,,,,i know parker road can get quite congested.........Hey but ya know,,,,,as far as taxes,,,,,,2,000, 3,000,,,,,,,,,,,still so much cheaper then new jersey,,,,,,,,when the average is 8,000 to 10,000............big difference right............any way,,,,,,,any more info is welcomed..thanks again.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:35 AM

1 posts, read 2,811 times
Thumbs up Move to Parker

Did you get moved to Parker ok? My oldest son grad from Chaparral in 2007. My youngest son is a junior. We register July 30th at the school. If you would like to meet I can talk with you about Parker. We love it! Chaparral is really focused on Music and art more than sports. Pondarosa really is the sports HS in Parker (We have 2). Feel free to contact me at this forum. Good Luck! and Welcome to Parker
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or