Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 09:13 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,173 times

Advertisements

WEll if your in Engelwood, CO

Dry Dock Brewing (I like it better than Great Divide, but i'm not a HOP HOP and more HOp lover)
Lone Tree Brewing (especially on Friday night)
2nd garden of the gods
Rioja for fancy, Euclid Hall for Denver Food and good Denver beer

Garden of the Gods is South (Colorado Springs) and so is Paradox Brewing (Yum) Royal Gorge Pikes Peak and Great Sand Dune National park
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 04:02 PM

7,516 posts, read 13,621,554 times
If you have the time, the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad out of Antonito CO is spectacular !!

Trip #3 goes halfway up and back if pressed for time.

On the Tracks | Cumbres & Toltec Railroad

Old 07-04-2013, 07:19 PM

37 posts, read 95,767 times
We just moved and here and one cool is that you can rent bicycles in both Boulder and Denver (Boulder seems more into it) and if you do Boulder for the day you can do shopping on Pearl street and eat on a roof top restaurant that gives you great views of the Flatirons. A little trick we learned also is that you get one free hour on the bikes and if you return it to another spot, rent a different one. You will never have to pay. Lol
Red rocks is nice to see. Also if you do a day trip you can do a day drive, take 285 to FairPlay which is a hour and a half drive but breath taking. You can see South Park City (about 2 hours to see) then drive up to Breckenridge, they r a lot of interesting shops there. Then head back.
Oh and one more thing. We did a rental of a condo from a person for $650 for the entire week in Littleton. Two bedrooms and was so much cheaper then a hotel

Old 09-24-2013, 09:44 PM

55 posts, read 92,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
WEll if your in Engelwood, CO

Dry Dock Brewing (I like it better than Great Divide, but i'm not a HOP HOP and more HOp lover)
Lone Tree Brewing (especially on Friday night)
2nd garden of the gods
Rioja for fancy, Euclid Hall for Denver Food and good Denver beer

Garden of the Gods is South (Colorado Springs) and so is Paradox Brewing (Yum) Royal Gorge Pikes Peak and Great Sand Dune National park
I really experienced those places as per your recommendation except Rioja for fancy.. Thanks a lot! there were very nice esp. garden of the gods...

Old 10-30-2013, 02:53 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,715,272 times
Default Visiting Denver in November

I will be visiting a friend in Denver in a couple weeks. I have been to Denver countless times with family - as I am from Rapid City and Denver was always the closest place for any form of entertainment - but I have not visited in a few years and I am curious about what there is to see. My friend lives downtown on Arapahoe and 18th so I imagine we will be very close to restaurants, bars, clubs, etc., but I would like to get a museum in, visit a local pub, find some quaint shops and cafes nearby that I can walk to, and maybe a quick day trip for some hiking closer to the Rockies. I am 24 and I am really open to anything.

Any fun suggestions are appreciated. I will be there roughly 3-4 days.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:15 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,372,004 times
Try:
Denver Colorado in 4 days
In Denver next weekend; White water rafting and attractions questions
What to do in downtown Denver?
Affordable tourist attractions?
Last minute road trip around Colorado :) ! Seeking advice
…and many more! )I searched on visit attractions and confined it to Colorado + child pages (so that it would include Springs and I-70 stuff)

Old 11-13-2013, 02:09 AM

40 posts, read 67,029 times
Default Visiting this weekend

My family and I are coming to the Denver area this weekend to stay for a week becuase my husband has applied for a job there. We would like to look around there while we are visiting because if he is offered the job would would like to have some idea of where to start. We plan to rent at first and then buy after making sure we made the right decision on where to be. We are in our mid and late 30's and have a 6 yr old daughter who has a late birthday so she is currently in Kinder. We currently live in Arizona and live in a master planned community that we love. I would like to find a similar neighborhood there if possible. So far I have found a few that we plan to visit.

Housing seems to be more expensive there then it is here so I am worried about what we can afford. Right now we live in a rental but it is a new build rental that we rent from the builder and its a beautiful home with a pool. We will not want a pool there but is it possible to rent a newer house for around $2,000 or less a month? I really want to be in a newly built up area if that is possible. Right now our closest shopping (Super Target, Home Depot, and much more) have been built within prob about the last 5 years. I would also like to know are there any of these communities that may be out of town a little bit where the housing would be less then closer to town? Our master planned community now is about 10-12 miles to the shopping area I mentioned above and I am fine with that if it means we have beautiful surroundings and a beautiful neighborhood.

I tried contacting 3 realtors to ask them these questions but neither the ones I contacted on my own via their website or the realtor my reator here found for us there returns call which seems odd to me but none the less we havent been able to get these questions answered which is why I am here.

So sorry for the long post but we are basically looking for a newer community with newer shopping centers etc around with rent under $2,000 a month with good schools for our daughter or new homes to be purchased for under $325k in the near future and we would also like to have mountain views which seems do able from the pictures Ive seen (Ive never been to Co before) and have only seen snow 1 time in my life for that matter which was just last yr!

Any suggestions would be appreciated and we are open to different areas also. I have looked at Broomfield, Erie, Aurora just to name a few. I see alot of people ask about jobs to give better advice I have a home based business and my husband woulld be working for the county of Boulder if he gets the job. Thanks!

Old 11-13-2013, 05:33 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Check out Highlands Ranch. Good schools, lots of parks and very close to shopping. You can rent for around the price you said and you could eventually buy a house around the $300K mark. Yes I am biased because I live there but we love it. We too have a 6 year old and there is plenty for us to do. Where is the job your husband is applying for?

Old 11-13-2013, 05:46 AM

3,158 posts, read 6,123,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Check out Highlands Ranch. Good schools, lots of parks and very close to shopping. You can rent for around the price you said and you could eventually buy a house around the $300K mark. Yes I am biased because I live there but we love it. We too have a 6 year old and there is plenty for us to do. Where is the job your husband is applying for?
DO NOT LOOK AT HIGHLANDS RANCH.

Sorry Timmy, but her husband would be working in Boulder, and unless he would be commuting by helicopter, that would be a commute of 90 minutes one way.

Stay very far north.

Try Longmont, Erie, Broomfield or someplace around there (not Aurora). In fact you should move this post to the Boulder forum.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:00 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
DO NOT LOOK AT HIGHLANDS RANCH.

Sorry Timmy, but her husband would be working in Boulder, and unless he would be commuting by helicopter, that would be a commute of 90 minutes one way.

Stay very far north.

Try Longmont, Erie, Broomfield or someplace around there (not Aurora). In fact you should move this post to the Boulder forum.
Ah, I missed that. I guess I need to read the full post. davidv is right. Boulder is nowhere near Highlands Ranch. Thanks!

Louiseville is also nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver