U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 11-25-2007, 07:34 AM

130 posts, read 748,581 times
Here's an OTC product our doc recommended:

The Alkalol Company

We only use it when we're experiencing a lot of sinus congestion, and we dilute it about 50/50.

You use it kind of like nose drops (warning, I'm about to get graphic here). Using a bulb-type nose dropper (we found something in the "baby" aisle for ear drops), lean your head back, hold one nostril shut, and inject some of the solution into the other nostril. Keeping the other nostril shut, lean all the way forward until your head is upside down. Breathe through your mouth while letting the solution drain into your sinus area for perhaps 30 seconds or so. Repeat for the other nostril. You can blow your nose after this, but do so very gently.

You'll probably have to ask the pharmacist for Alkalol, since they often seem keep it behind the pharmacy counter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 11-25-2007, 11:23 PM

357 posts, read 749,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winglady View Post
Here's an OTC product our doc recommended:

The Alkalol Company

We only use it when we're experiencing a lot of sinus congestion, and we dilute it about 50/50.

You use it kind of like nose drops (warning, I'm about to get graphic here). Using a bulb-type nose dropper (we found something in the "baby" aisle for ear drops), lean your head back, hold one nostril shut, and inject some of the solution into the other nostril. Keeping the other nostril shut, lean all the way forward until your head is upside down. Breathe through your mouth while letting the solution drain into your sinus area for perhaps 30 seconds or so. Repeat for the other nostril. You can blow your nose after this, but do so very gently.

You'll probably have to ask the pharmacist for Alkalol, since they often seem keep it behind the pharmacy counter.
this is essentially the nasal irrigation that you can make up for basically nothing at home, using a ear syringe and either using non-iodized salt and baking soda mixed with water. there are other products like this one above, or including this one that I occasionally use ( http://www.nasalrinse.com/faqs_nasal.shtml (broken link) ). this one has packets so it's easy to take traveling and is available at costco, target and similar places. I suspect there are more products out there too.

the plus of using a ready made product is that you don't have to worry about getting the proportions just right and the ph balance just right. you open the packet or bottle and it's easy to mix. perfect each time.

Unread 11-01-2009, 08:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,389 times
My sinuses dry out very easily too. I use this nasal spray and it is very effective in treating my dry sinuses. It keeps them moist and helps clear out the mucus. You should definitely give it a try: Sinofresh online store :: Sinus Cure Homeopathic Nasal Spray
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver