Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 03:44 PM

11 posts, read 13,277 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

First let me introduce myself. My name is Mike and I'm new to the forums. I've visited these forums quite often by chance when doing research online. For a while I was really interested in a Mustang and was considering it to be my sole daily driver. When doing a search online, this site was one result. It seems a lot of you have experience in a lot of things which makes this place an ideal site to ask questions and give answers based on my and your experiences.

Please welcome me with open arms.

Okay on with my question.

My fiancee and I are looking to buy our first house. We found one that we're really interested in, in Franklin Square on 92nd and Highway 36th pretty much. I was wondering if you guys can tell me about this area at all.

We drove by it last night and thought it was nice for a first house and have plans to look inside it tomorrow with our real estate agent.

My fiancee and I live in Wheat Ridge right now and rarely go that far north. So we have no idea what to expect and we're both functioning under the idea that living close to a highway is bad business, but have no real facts to go off of. It's a illogical thought really.

Anyway thanks in advance,

Mike aka vahdyx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 04:09 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
The bigger the highway the greater the noise pollution and the further that noise carries. I'd not live within a mile of an Interstate if I could avoid it, same for any major highway. Two miles is far better if you can find it.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-07-2013, 04:12 PM

Yeah that's what I was thinking too.

Here's the house if you guys are curious...

5903 West 92nd Place, Westminster CO - Trulia

Old 12-07-2013, 04:19 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Realtor.com has it listed too, but claims it's not for sale (though a sign is clearly seen in the yard) and claims it as a 4br/1.5bath home.

You may want to consider hiring your own "buyer's broker" who looks out for YOUR interests, not the interests of the sellers. IIRC there is no added charge for this, a buyer's broker gets their commission when you buy a home, just like any other realtor, but they are on YOUR side in these transactions.

Don't rush into anything.

While you're at it, tell us where you guys work, cross streets with do. Is using light rail a consideration for either of you?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-07-2013, 04:26 PM

My fiancee is a teacher in Denver and I work IT in downtown Denver. Lightrail isn't a something she wants to do, but I will.

Our areas of consideration are west of I-25 preferably west of hwy 36. North of Colfax. However we are open minded as long as the place looks great and is in a safer area. Of course we have our wants list and deal breaker list for houses specifically. Our desired range is $200k or less, but can go up to $230k.

We wanna of course go as low as possible.

Old 12-07-2013, 05:53 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
As long as the house isn't *too* close to the highway, I think you'd like that area.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:29 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
There are nice places to live closer to work then Westminster.

Are you pre approved for financing? The rules change for mortgages in January.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:07 PM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Wheat Ridge

Old 12-07-2013, 08:10 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,479,590 times
There's almost no noise from 36 there...or in most of the neighborhoods surrounding...36 has a sound wall anywhere that the sound was likely to cause problems. I used to live very close to 36 on the other side and there was absolutely no noise from it.

Old 12-07-2013, 10:08 PM

We were already pre-approved for a loan. We're just shopping around.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver