Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 11:04 PM

32 posts, read 163,813 times

Advertisements

I live near Tallyn's Reach -- it is a fantastic area -- LOVE it. Any how, each gate of E470 is $2. . . so it adds up. But, sometimes it is so worth it (like when going to the airport). You can get an EZ pass at any grocery store and the money will zip right out of your bank acct!

Another surface road to consider is Gun Club Road. I think it's something like Southlands Parkway near Tallyn's, but turns into Gun Club Road as you go north, then turns into 6th Ave when it goes west. 6th will take you to I225 and you can connect with I70. . .that's how we get to the mountains and it seems to be pretty efficient. I do notice that Gun Club stacks up around rush hour, but at other times it's just fine.

**** luck with your move! :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 10:32 AM

53 posts, read 227,123 times
Here's the toll calc - Toll Calculator

It's not cheap, especially if you drive it every day.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:42 AM

58 posts, read 312,183 times
Thank you both. That was very helpful!

Old 05-02-2008, 05:48 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,423,134 times
I only take the toll road if I am going to Green Valley Ranch, DIA or Commerce City - I take Arapahoe out to Liverpool to Smoky Hill to get to Tallyn's Reach/Beacon Point/Southshore/Saddle Rock.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:43 AM

1,176 posts, read 4,481,839 times
The area is cheap for a reason; there is nothing around there.

Look at the forclosure and short sale rates in the area. The exurban areas like Taly are the next ghettos.

Old 05-03-2008, 03:02 PM

53 posts, read 227,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveindenver View Post
The area is cheap for a reason; there is nothing around there.

Look at the forclosure and short sale rates in the area. The exurban areas like Taly are the next ghettos.
I have a coworker who is hoping to sell his home soon in Tallyn's Reach (sick of the 1hr+ commute downtown) but mentioned that he can't sell it for what he paid in 2003. And that's before the 6% realtor fees.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,803 times
Default Toll Roads and General Info About South East Aurora

I wanted to help with this particular thread. I know much has been said about Aurora in the past. You have good and bad areas within any city. South East Aurora is by far the best the city has to offer. Many real estate agents refer to this area as the Jewel of Aurora.

I live off the Aurora Reservoir and work for Village Homes at Southshore. Both are withing 1/8th of a mile of Tallyn's Reach. Tallyn's is a very nice community with homes ranging from Town Homes to million dollar custom homes. Tallyn's Reach hosted the 2000 Parade of Homes. One of the highlights of the community is the "Mountain" feel it offers. Lots of pine and spruce trees.

Southeast Aurora hosted their second Parade of Homes in the community I work in called Southshore last year. Southshore is a prestigous community located right off the Aurora reservoir. The community has twice been recoginized as the community of the year receiving recognition as the 2007 Community of The Year from the home builders association of Denver and most recently the 2008 Master Planned Community of The Year by the National Association of Home Builders.

This is the first time that any Colorado community has received this National award. The amount of growth the southeastern part of Aurora has had over the past 10 years is astounding. The Southshore/Tallyn's Reach/Beacon Point and Blackstone areas are some of the finest new communites available in Colorado.

With incredible shopping available from Southlands Mall Welcome to Southlands – A Great Place to Be – Aurora, Colorado and some of the best schools in the nation from Cherry Creek Schools Home - CCSD it is no wonder why some many people have made southeast Aurora Home.

E470 is a convienient way to get around from Lonetree to Broomfield.
Here is a link to the website where you will find the toll calculator E-470 Public Highway Authority > Home

I live and work in this area and have two kids in the same schools. I would love to answer any questions you may have about southeast Aurora and Colorad in general.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:27 PM

2 posts, read 6,819 times
Default Tallyn's Reach

We keep patting ourselves on the back for our wise choice in Tallyn's Reach. Our move here from SC was in 2003 so we were one of the earliest homes in the neighborhood. Yes...our landscaping has filled in nicely and it's great to actually see some of the older pines scattered around. Thank goodness for our savvy real estate agent because she said the development was destined to be one of the best for the E470 corridor and it has paid off. The community developer has come through (so far) with everything we expected. The HOA fee has remained low (as compared to surrounding communities), the greenbelts and parks continue to be maintained nicely, and now that Southlands has opened, we save $$$ on gas!

The west was a cultural and topographical shock for us, but living here has helped our transistion. Remember the golden rule of real estate. LOCATION! Our schools are our best selling point now as their test scores and ratings are tops with gorgeous new facilities that within a mile of us. The new middle school opens in the fall and construction on the 2nd elementary will start soon. We also found out that our HS, Cherokee Trail, has become so popular with its IB program, etc., that they'll have to limit "school of choice" applicants to keep room for its students within boundary.

Good luck with the move.

Old 07-03-2008, 03:58 PM

2 posts, read 8,101 times
Tallyn's reach is an excellent area, for so many reasons. I live in Saddle Rock, but expect to jump the road and live in either Tallyn' Reach or Southshore in the very near future. [ mod cut/ no advertising please ]

Last edited by katzenfreund; 07-04-2008 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: real estate blog

Old 07-03-2008, 05:31 PM

58 posts, read 312,183 times
Thanks, I didn't know that the Southlands was having fireworks. That is great.

We just moved to Tallyn's Reach last week. So far, I am liking it. It is VERY family friendly and the neighbors have all been very welcoming. The pool is a bit small with no slide but that is the only half way negative thing I can think of about this community so far

Last edited by katzenfreund; 07-04-2008 at 08:55 AM.. Reason: deleted reference to real estate blog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver