Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 12:40 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,276,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaustin View Post
Where is that, the Bahamas?

Looks like $400/oz is what it's going for. Hopefully the prices will go down at some point.
Nope. I'm from the other side of the World.

Last edited by Mystery123; 01-03-2014 at 01:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 06:41 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,484,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaustin View Post
I would add this, too. I designed a Facebook page, just to subscribe to all the marijuana-related pages in Denver that I could locate (and yoga, Aikido and a few other subjects)--in order to try to stay on top of the subject and learn as much as possible, what was going on.

What I have noticed is that a lot of marijuana pages have imagery which does not appeal to me, at all (same with magazines); that is, the graphics seem to be mostly kind of vulgar (for lack of a less obnoxious way to say it). Pictures of scantily dressed girls, motorcycles--the whole Harley-Davidson package of imagery which has pretty much nothing to do with my interests and inclinations.

My feelings on the use of marijuana, or the psychological states it puts me in, are more attuned to aesthetics, spiritual matters, depth of character...just not what I'm seeing. This troubles me.

Does that make sense? I really don't relate to what many people would refer to as the objectification of women, and all that other imagery which does not appeal to me. [I would add that anyone who likes this has an absolute right to this sort of imagery/graphics, and I'm not for an instant disputing that. My point is, it just doesn't appeal to *me*.]

Anybody else???
Sounds like you are seeing the marketing for degenerates. Its still a fairly new concept. In time there my be more mature spiritual add or you could be creative & come up with some of your own...you never know

Old 01-06-2014, 06:55 AM

532 posts, read 1,064,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
Sounds like you are seeing the marketing for degenerates. Its still a fairly new concept. In time there my be more mature spiritual add or you could be creative & come up with some of your own...you never know
Given that many, many creative minds use mj and other kinds of things, I'm sure that there is a lot of imagery that is not inspired by Harley Davidson motorcycles (not that there's anything intrinsically wrong with that).

I deleted that FB account: the internet is like RL (real life, as I'm sure you know); lots of kind, decent people, but a predictable percentage of ones to avoid.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:45 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,074,776 times
I don't smoke weed anymore, but I really don't see the big deal with it being legalized. I don't understand how folks have a problem with it. Unlike cocaine/crack, heroin, shrooms, and even alcohol, I've never heard of somebody dying from an overdose on marijuana. Nor have I heard of people being attacked by a crazed psycho who is high on weed, its usually other drugs.

Not to mention that Colorado plans on turning a $67M tax revenue on sales. Hell, cigarettes are worse than Marijuana.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I don't smoke weed anymore, but I really don't see the big deal with it being legalized. I don't understand how folks have a problem with it. Unlike cocaine/crack, heroin, shrooms, and even alcohol, I've never heard of somebody dying from an overdose on marijuana. Nor have I heard of people being attacked by a crazed psycho who is high on weed, its usually other drugs.

Not to mention that Colorado plans on turning a $67M tax revenue on sales. Hell, cigarettes are worse than Marijuana.
Yes. Health wise, Alcohol is worse than Ganja and Ganja high guys/gals are usually on a relaxing mood, not aggressive.
Ganja is not associated with any serious illness like cancer, liver damage etc...

The only thing to keep in check would be high drivers as they will think they are flying while on the road.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:45 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,942,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post

The only thing to keep in check would be high drivers as they will think they are flying while on the road.
I think it would be the opposite. You will see them driving on the highway doing 30 instead of 65.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I think it would be the opposite. You will see them driving on the highway doing 30 instead of 65.
That's not what I meant.
I meant they think they are flying/floating in the air while driving.
That's not good for other drivers.
Quote:
Watch Simpsons Season 20 episode 11 "How the Test Was Won"
Bart gets in trouble and is falsely told he would go to a cool kids helicopter but it turns out principle skinner and superintendent tricked him into going on the bus.
Then they say I wan't a helicopter so Otto the bus driver says ''It's not a helicopter???'' and he then looks through the windshield and the bus appears to be flying over Springfield.
He was high. I meant that kind of flying.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:12 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,885,421 times
Might be coming to Denver this weekend. Grams out here are $15. How much out there?

Old 01-08-2014, 05:44 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Might be coming to Denver this weekend. Grams out here are $15. How much out there?
$150 because you are from Houston.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:12 AM

2,885 posts, read 7,106,976 times
There might be a disaster brewing - possible shortage of both rec weed and velveeta - as reported in the Denver Post.

Cheese Shortage
Quote:
Kraft Foods says some customers may not be able to find Velveeta cheese over the next few weeks. A representative for the company, Jody Moore, didn't give any reasons for the apparent shortage, saying only that they happen from time to time given the “nature of manufacturing.”

She noted that the lack of availability is more noticeable because of the seasonal demand during the NFL playoffs. The company has been airing TV commercials featuring a recipe for a chili con queso dip made with Velveeta.
Weed Shortage
Quote:
. . . Just six days after they opened for business, many Colorado marijuana shops say the demand for recreational pot is so high they have to ration the amount they sell customers to avoid selling out.

At a downtown Denver dispensary, the Lodo Wellness Center on Wazee Street, the owner is limiting customers to an eighth of an ounce, even though it's legal for Colorado residents to purchase a full ounce. . .
And then there's business banking news

Quote:
Recreational-marijuana businesses might not be as unbanked as they claim, with dozens of stores offering patrons payment alternatives to cash — each requiring a bank account.

Whether by credit card or ATM, customers say they were pleasantly surprised to learn that the cash in their pockets wasn't necessary to buy recreational cannabis. .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver