U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 01:23 PM

11 posts, read 34,889 times

Advertisements

Hi looking to buy a house in Parker,,,,,,,,,,,,,the high school would be ponderosa for my son and sagewood middle school for my daughter........I had toured chapparal hs in parker,,,liked it,,,,,,,,,but does anyone have any info on these schools................any info is appreciated...........thanks..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 01:30 PM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 18 days ago)

10,882 posts, read 29,307,638 times
what websites/parents/principals have you consulted?

What type of info are you looking for?

Old 11-28-2007, 01:44 PM

I havent spoken to any parents,,,of ponderosa hs...........I currently live in NJ,,am moving..husband transferred,,,,,,,like the parker area.........just trying to get a feel for the high schools,,,,,,,,,I saw chaparral when i was there,,and liked it,,just wondering about general info on Ponderosa HS,,cause saw a couple of houses that would feed into ponderosa hs and not chaparral....any major differences that anyone knows about...........i guess i just want to make sure my son will be attending a good hs.................thanks,,,,,,

Old 11-28-2007, 06:23 PM

26,346 posts, read 82,794,063 times
I compiled a lot of school test score data in this file. It is about two years old. I used these data when we moved to Colorado from California.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...res_net_02.zip

Old 11-29-2007, 11:02 AM

charles,,,thanks for the information,,,I looked it up and it seems douglas county,,,the schools are highly ranked...................thanks again.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:09 AM

592 posts, read 1,967,000 times
pedsrn, we live in Parker, two kids in Chaparral. After much research my wife had us buy a home within Chaparrals district as she saw it as the best of the two. She now works at the school too. Friends kids at Ponderosa, no problems that we know of.. Both schools are good, lots of programs. Lots of money in the area to support them. In my mind the main difference is that Ponderosa is more sportsy and Chap. is more academic.Don't get me wrong each school has some of both , just a feeling I get. So depends on what your kids are in to. My daughter is into choir, friends in theatre. She loves it. The department is ranked nationally and we will be traveling to carnegie hall in the spring for their performance there !
By the way my wife is a Jersey girl too !

Old 11-29-2007, 11:26 AM

hey wyomiles,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks for the great info...ya know when I toured chaparral,,,we were just there in october...........the lady that worked at the hs said the same thing..........that ponderosa was more sportsy in a sense and chaparral more academic........Hey,,,,,,,,,,,,where in jersey is she from?
How does she like it compared to jersey!!!!!!!!,,,,,,,my husband will be working about 25 miles from parker,,straight up 470,,,,,,and I am a peds nurse,,so hoping to work just per diem at childrens or parker adventist..lots of kids in the parker area right..........see where we live now.......small town,,,,,,but lots of kids,,,,,,,I have 3 13,,going into hs,,9 going into 5th and my little guy is 2........so,,,,,,,,ya know,,,trying to find out whatever i can about Parker,,,,,,,,any thing else u can think of,,,,,,,,,,,I would appreciate it...................Are you originally from Colorado?
thanks again..................

Old 11-29-2007, 12:08 PM

My wife is from the Mendam(sp) Morristown area. Her brothers moved to Wyoming in the 70's and she followed in the early eighties. I was born and raised in suburbs of Denver and met her in Wyoming during my time there.
She loves Parker, probably after so many years in Wyoming , she misses the forests back east but we try and spend a lot of time in the woods here.
Lots of kids here, lots of young professionals with little ones, we are one of only a few of the older folks in our area. But yes the schools are growing, Parker is growing very fast. So there are some growing pains.
My best friend works in the medical field and stays very busy.
Should be other threads here somewhere about Parker if you dig deap enough.
Whats your hubby do ?

Old 11-29-2007, 12:31 PM

we stayed in colorado for a week injuly and then drove thru wyoming to montana for a family reunion........wyoming was nice,,,,,,and so was montana,,,,,,,,,,,my son LOVES to fly fish,,,,,,,so we went fly fishing in mtns,,by frisco,,,,,,,and then everyday in montana,,he went fishing,,,,,,,,,,he loves the outdoors and colorado............hmmm,,,,,,,my husband is a systems analyst........sometimes he works from home,,,,,,,,but mostly at office......
its too expensive to buy in the mountains,,,,,,,and then too far for commute, ya know,,,,so i figure,,when we want to fly fish,,,,,,,not too far,,,,,
oh morristown,,,,,,,,,,i am about 40 minutes from there,,,,,,,good talking with you.........thanks,,,,,,, do u fly fish? since you used to live in wy.....any secret spots in co........

Old 11-30-2007, 09:35 PM

Yep, love to fly fish but I don't have any good spots in Colorado. In Wyoming I like the Windrivers.

Your welcome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or