Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2014, 08:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,788 times

Advertisements

Hi There,

I'm in a bit of a conundrum and was hoping for some feedback. In March I will be moving to Colorado, with my husband and my mom, for work (near DIA). We are selling our current house (the only home I've known), and are looking to buy once things get settled with the sale, but we need somewhere to live in the mean time.

Our problem is that, between us, we currently have 2 dogs and 4 cats (plus some small caged pets). We have tried looking for homes to rent, but at least 80% have been scammers. We were looking at the possibility of buying a cheap mobile home temporarily, but were told park rules limited us to 2 pets as well. We're willing to pay extra to cover any pet damages, but it's been near impossible to find anywhere that will even consider us.

So, I was hoping someone might know of properties that might fit our requirements. I appreciate any help you can give!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 09:08 PM

3,111 posts, read 5,000,957 times
The only place I know that allows that many pets are unincorporated counties. For example:

Unincorporated Boulder County - Limit on Number of Animals: A total of 7 dogs and cats combined are allowed.

Unincorporated Adams County may be similar but I couldn't find an ordinance on it.

I don't think any of the Denver metro area cities will allow that many pets in a single household. Perhaps check out on the eastern plains.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:07 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,577,377 times
Having been a landlord, I must say that I would never ever ever rent to someone with that many pets. Not even if you paid a $500 per pet deposit! It's hard enough on property with just one dog.

The only way you are going to find a rental would be to leave the pets with family or board them. Then, bring them out after you buy your own house.

Maybe you could find a farm out on the eastern plains (such as Bennett or Deer Trail) for all your animals, but be prepared for some road closures during blizzards.

Most posters on this forum recommend using padmapper to find rentals, although someone recently had a couple of more sites. Probably better than using Craisglist. I suggest going on padmapper and doing a filter for pets and see what you come up with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver