Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 08:45 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,065,531 times

Advertisements

I go to CO Reeds on Wadsworth, not far from 6th Ave. Good barbershop, I've been going there since I moved to Denver.

It has a full 5 out of 5 stars on Yelp. http://www.yelp.com/biz/co-reeds-barber-shop-lakewood

one reason I like it so much is that, much like Denver, the shop is a mixing bowl of regions. My barber is the only native of Denver. The owner is from Brooklyn, one barber is from Dallas, one is from DC (my hometown), one is from Charlotte, and I believe one is from Oakland.

Very laid back atmosphere there, good hair cuts. they've always got the big screen on some sort of sports, and they usually have the music going in the background, and pool tables as well. And of course there are always arguments about whose football team is better LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 11:57 PM

1 posts, read 515 times
I'm also looking for an 88 barbershop in the north side near Thorton, Northglenn Lafayette Louisville Broomfield

Old 12-28-2015, 10:02 AM

8,882 posts, read 20,249,823 times
Been getting my haircut from the same barber (ex-Navy) since we moved here in 2009. Sometimes he does an excellent job and other times, not so good. But, what he charges is nice.

Problem I have in his barber shop is the language a "mancho" barber uses, that works for him. The dude is ex-Army, "body-guard" looking, in his mid 30's and really uses the "F" word quiet a bit. The owner, my barber, is just too nice of a guy and doesn't say anything to him. Thing about is, one of the other barbers is a woman and she acts like she don't care how this dude talks.

A few weeks ago, my wife was with me, but stopped at the UPS Store next door, before coming into the barber shop. I was sitting in the barber's chair before she came in and told this dude, "just want to let you know that my wife will be coming in here, so please watch your language. Believe me, you don't want her telling you this." He just looked at me as to say silently, "f....you". But, he did oblige me and not talk that way. Later my wife told me, "thanks for telling him". It doesn't bother me too much when he talks that way when it's just me in their, but not with my wife in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleeHLH View Post
^^^ I totally agree!! Seems to be an epidemic of unprofessionalism. If my barber doesn't give me his undivided attention which i am paying him good money for, then I don't tip. Simple as that! One of my biggest pet-peeves is when my barber is on the phone while hes cutting my hair. I hate that ish!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver