Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 12:16 AM

1,871 posts, read 2,096,767 times

Advertisements

I too voted for Gary Johnson because the other two party candidates were both criminals. Gary Johnson had a plan and was not gonna spend spend spend. Too much spending is not the answer. I like the posters here am just so fed up with the power and corruption the two party system yields today. It is sickening and just down right disgusting. As far as I'm concerned both parties are criminals. We need more honest folks like Gary Johnson. I have some liberal coworkers who said I threw away my vote by voting for Gary Johnson. Well to me that is better than voting for Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 06:22 AM

6,783 posts, read 9,332,326 times
I'm libertarian-leaning, but not registered with the Libertarian party. Agree with what some of the other posters have said; I generally like the idea of fiscal conservatism paired with more socially liberal policies and have felt disappointed by the candidates put forth by the Republican Party and Democrats (especially state-level Colorado Democrats - yuck.). I'm definitely not an Obama supporter.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:28 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I'm libertarian-leaning, but not registered with the Libertarian party. Agree with what some of the other posters have said; I generally like the idea of fiscal conservatism paired with more socially liberal policies and have felt disappointed by the candidates put forth by the Republican Party and Democrats (especially state-level Colorado Democrats - yuck.). I'm definitely not an Obama supporter.
Well, without those horrible state-level Democrats, we'd have no civil unions in Colorado. I don't always agree with everything that the Dems do, but I know who butters my bread.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:45 AM

6,783 posts, read 9,332,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Well, without those horrible state-level Democrats, we'd have no civil unions in Colorado. I don't always agree with everything that the Dems do, but I know who butters my bread.
Heh. I've been with my partner for 7 years, but Civil Unions aren't an important issue for us and we have no plans to enter into one of those. We're more concerned about other issues.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Heh. I've been with my partner for 7 years, but Civil Unions aren't an important issue for us and we have no plans to enter into one of those. We're more concerned about other issues.
It was very important for us since we have kids, own a home, and my partner will get a pension. It's very important if you plan on staying together until death, because you'll be treated like strangers for tax and inheritance purposes. Unless you spend the thousands setting up a trust, POAs, etc. But then why bother with that when you can get married? We also got married in CA, so we now have full Federal marriage benefits. It gives me peace of mind knowing that things will be easier when we get older and I won't have to worry about losing everything if my partner dies before me.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:18 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,548,648 times
And the EPA, I like the EPA too much.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
And the EPA, I like the EPA too much.
That pesky old EPA! Where's my right to drink foul water and breath particulates

Old 03-11-2014, 09:46 AM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Default One of my problems

"Rather than banning guns, the politicians and the police should encourage gun ownership...the best protection against...the threat of foreign invasion."
Seriously?!
AR-15 against UN helicopter gunships. Oh, that will end well.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
"Rather than banning guns, the politicians and the police should encourage gun ownership...the best protection against...the threat of foreign invasion."
Seriously?!
AR-15 against UN helicopter gunships. Oh, that will end well.
lol! I just have my musket to protect my family from foreign invaders.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:12 AM

77 posts, read 132,214 times
Because it's hard to be both anti-war & pro-tax at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver