Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 09:12 AM
WiW

167 posts, read 577,835 times

Advertisements

I haven't seen the Baker neighborhood mentioned. A lot of beauiful old victorians close to Broadway. Baker is close to downtown and a great strip of small stores on broadway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2014, 09:42 PM

36 posts, read 69,029 times
We live way south (between Parker and Castle Rock) in The Pinery and we're inundated with pine tree (shocking, right?)
Our house is in the 2nd tract, and was built in the mid-80s, so not "old" by any means, but the trees in the area have been around for 100+ years.
We are a 45-minute drive to downtown Denver, but absolutely love it. It's always worth looking into if you want a little more space and the tree-lined streets

Old 04-30-2014, 04:47 PM

14 posts, read 19,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
And which areas south of Colfax would that be, that are less safe then Park Hill?

Also see this thread.

Gang War in Northeast Denver

First off, which part of Park Hill are you talking about? It's not one neighborhood, it's three. South Park Hill is an affluent, pretty safe neighborhood as full of wooded parkways and beautiful old houses as any place in the city. I wish I could afford to live there. Northeast Park Hill – along with Clayton, Cole, Whittier etc – used to be gang war central, although they are now much safer. North Park Hill is somewhere in-between (probably more like South Park Hill overall). Which neighborhood do you want to compare to the ones south of Colfax?

Second, if you go to the Denver Police Department Crime Map((Crime Map | Denver Police Department) and do a comparison, you will see that several areas of the city between Broadway and Quebec and south of Colfax have more offenses per square mile than ANY area of Park Hill. Examples include: Capitol Hill, Cheesman Park, Cherry Creek, Montclair and Washington Park West. If you uncheck property crimes and other crimes and limit it to violent crime only, Park Hill still does pretty well, coming in much safer than Cheesman or Capitol Hill at least.

To be fair, I'll bet Northeast Park Hill's crime rate appears lower here than it should because part of the neighborhood is not residential, which means there are fewer people per square mile, but still, it's way lower than places like Cheesman and Capitol Hill. So the idea that anything north of Colfax is unsafe is just flat wrong.

Last edited by gfrancis7185; 04-30-2014 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: nicer & clarity

Old 05-01-2014, 06:14 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,036,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
From the the 25 years I lived in Denver, and talking to people who had lived in Denver a lot longer then that, I'm pretty sure the dividing lines are Broadway and Colfax. Northeast, Southeast Northwest and Southwest from that intersection. Ellsworth is kind of an abnormality, which doesn't have any real importance. Since the Denver address system is actually based on the Downtown streets. 17 St. = 17th Ave. 16th St. = 16th Ave. 15 St. = Colfax, then they count down from there. Ellsworth just happens to be where the numbers get to zero.
I grew up thinking the dividing intersection was Broadway and Alameda (Alemeda?) Obviously if I'm not even sure if the spelling I hardly qualify as an expert!

I am back to Denver every few months and am astounded at the tear downs and rebuilds being done, especially in SE Denver where I grew up. My brother just sold his home off of Colorado & Evans. The new buyers have transformed it and are listing it for almost 3 times what they paid. And it wasn't a bad house to begin with!

But to the OP's question, Olde Towne Arvada and the older part of Littleton. Both very sweet and nice character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver