U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2007, 03:03 PM

5 posts, read 21,268 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone!

I am eagerly awaiting the start date of my new job in Wheat Ridge at the beginning of January. Earlier this month, we got our apartment all lined up in Highlands Ranch (after multiple visits, days of driving around the metro, and carefully considering all of our options, we have decided that is our best fit for our needs). My question is: What kind of commute time am I looking at from Highlands Ranch to Wheat Ridge? I would be getting off in Highlands Ranch at Lucent Blvd. I clocked it last time I was out there on a Friday afternoon with minimal traffic and it took me 30 minutes. I took 470 to 70 and then headed back east to Kipling. Is there a faster route to go? How long would it take me in, say, adverse weather conditions (snow, ice storm, sleet, etc.). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 03:33 PM

2,591 posts, read 5,990,604 times
Santa Fe north to I-25 to I-70 West is an alternative that takes about the same time or a couple of minutes more as 470 to I-70. If you want to avoid highways completely, Wadsworth and Kipling both go straight north to Wheat Ridge. They take much longer, but if highways are backed up completely, they do go through.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:03 PM

835 posts, read 2,610,198 times
lol my first night ever in the metro area back in august i got lost on kipling i was MAD and very pissed off you know how it is when u get lost and are in a city that u have no clue how to navigate :P took me about 2 hours but i finally found my hotel, lol told my parents and they laughed, they told me that leaving at sunset to go explore is something you only do once!

Old 12-07-2007, 04:04 PM

90 posts, read 598,592 times
We live in HR and have driven to the Wheat Ridge area several times this fall for football games. It takes us about 45 minutes mid-afternoon. We hop on C470 one exit further west, from Santa Fe, and cruise around the loop to 70.

Coming home at 5:00 it was closer to an hour back to the house.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:10 PM

260 posts, read 1,330,668 times
Thats a rough drive from HR ... the direct routes are all riddled with lights and cross streets. The highways are less direct and subject to major traffic snarls depending upon the weather and the number accidents.

Going up Kipling might be the best overall route. You could also do Santa Fe, buts its pretty slow going with all the lights. If you have 2 or more in your car, then you can use the HOV lanes on Santa Fe and make pretty good time.

I'd say 45min-1 hour will be the norm. On a really awful snow day, double that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver