Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2014, 09:28 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,694,891 times

Advertisements

Friends going to be dropping me off and I want to make it easy for him...I can't seem to find a map that lists both roads and the rail routes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 09:53 AM

459 posts, read 806,915 times
From Lincoln Ave to Broadway the light rail parallels I-25, but some of the stations can be more tricky to get to than others if you are unfamiliar with the area.

Not sure what you mean by convenient. If you are coming from the south the first station along I25 is Lincoln station

IMO the easiest station to get to off of I25 is Yale station, but that is further north than Lincoln.

If you are coming from the north you are better off either taking a bus or having your friend drop you off in Denver.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertgoodman View Post
From Lincoln Ave to Broadway the light rail parallels I-25, but some of the stations can be more tricky to get to than others if you are unfamiliar with the area.

Not sure what you mean by convenient. If you are coming from the south the first station along I25 is Lincoln station

IMO the easiest station to get to off of I25 is Yale station, but that is further north than Lincoln.

If you are coming from the north you are better off either taking a bus or having your friend drop you off in Denver.
Repped...Thanks

Yeah, will be northbound, friend is driving up rte 25 to Boulder and was willing to drop some of us off at light rail so we could experience Denver...Wanted to make it convenient for him as in not driving too far off the off ramp

Old 04-03-2014, 10:20 AM

459 posts, read 806,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
Repped...Thanks

Yeah, will be northbound, friend is driving up rte 25 to Boulder and was willing to drop some of us off at light rail so we could experience Denver...Wanted to make it convenient for him and as far as not driving too far off the off ramp
Than I would definitely recommend Yale it's the first 2 zone to central Denver (cheapest fare), and only two turns to get to. Left off the freeway off-ramp onto Yale Ave than first right on to Yale Cir.

After he drops you off he can just finish the circle back to Yale Ave and turn left back towards the freeway. Yale Ave is also low traffic volume -for Denver- so it's fairly stress free.

Even though your friend is going all the way up to Boulder and Broadway is pretty close to 25 that area is confusing with the one way to two way conversion for Broadway/Lincoln, and that interchange has a lot of traffic.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertgoodman View Post
Than I would definitely recommend Yale it's the first 2 zone to central Denver (cheapest fare), and only two turns to get to. Left off the freeway off-ramp onto Yale Ave than first right on to Yale Cir.

After he drops you off he can just finish the circle back to Yale Ave and turn left back towards the freeway. Yale Ave is also low traffic volume -for Denver- so it's fairly stress free.

Even though your friend is going all the way up to Boulder and Broadway is pretty close to 25 that area is confusing with the one way to two way conversion for Broadway/Lincoln, and that interchange has a lot of traffic.
Thanks again

Old 04-03-2014, 10:27 AM

556 posts, read 1,198,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
Yeah, will be northbound, friend is driving up rte 25 to Boulder and was willing to drop some of us off at light rail so we could experience Denver...Wanted to make it convenient for him as in not driving too far off the off ramp
Unless it is rush hour, I-25 is easy off and on downtown. Take exit 211 or 212 and get dropped off on Platte St right behind REI. Don't really need light rail since you will be driving right through denver.

Old 04-03-2014, 05:03 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,106,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
Unless it is rush hour, I-25 is easy off and on downtown. Take exit 211 or 212 and get dropped off on Platte St right behind REI. Don't really need light rail since you will be driving right through denver.
^This. If he is driving to Boulder he can just drop you off downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: