U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 08:44 AM

14,174 posts, read 23,221,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire S. View Post
Well...this isn't going to be at the hole, but will be a short bike ridge away. The grocery option will be a local company.

Word on the street is King Soopers (as KS or KS FreshFare) has plans to open at Eastbridge...in 2017.
When we bought our house in 2005, they told us a grocery store would be built there in 2007 lol! I won't hold my breath!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 09:10 AM

13,950 posts, read 20,207,715 times
The best part of moving to Stapleton is that you will soon have a new baby in the family.
Denver Water delivers "special water" to Stapleton.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:40 PM
WiW

167 posts, read 514,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
The best part of moving to Stapleton is that you will soon have a new baby in the family.
Isn't that the truth!

Old 04-09-2014, 08:47 AM

14,174 posts, read 23,221,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
That "special water" is also known as wine

Old 04-18-2014, 09:47 PM

323 posts, read 428,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
When we bought our house in 2005, they told us a grocery store would be built there in 2007 lol! I won't hold my breath!
Oh look. Forest City and King Soopers announced that they might have a deal...maybe...in the future - Forest City/King Soopers Move One Step Closer | Front Porch Stapleton

Old 04-19-2014, 06:54 AM

2,591 posts, read 5,988,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire S. View Post
Oh look. Forest City and King Soopers announced that they might have a deal...maybe...in the future - Forest City/King Soopers Move One Step Closer | Front Porch Stapleton
Reading the comments to the article Claire S. linked, it sounds like at least some Stapleton residents don't want a King Soopers there - what's up with that?

Old 04-19-2014, 07:22 AM

285 posts, read 272,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
Reading the comments to the article Claire S. linked, it sounds like at least some Stapleton residents don't want a King Soopers there - what's up with that?
I don't live there anymore, but it could be because they already have on the west side and they'd like some variety. As one of the comments said, I'm imagining the residents are leaning towards a higher end natural foods type store, maybe more like WF or TJ or VC, or maybe even like a local co-op type place.

There's also a bit of annoyance that is probably not explicitly stated that a lower end store brings in too many "non-Stapletonians." (that's not to say EVERYONE in stapleton thinks that - I used to live there too and that sentiment did exist at least a few years ago, albeit a minority)

Old 05-23-2014, 07:21 PM

8 posts, read 8,374 times
Well, we house hunted in Denver this week and checked out a few neighborhoods, including Broomfield, Westminster, and Stapleton. We liked Broomfield better than Westminster, but still felt that Broomfield was further away from Denver than we want to be, and felt very remote/suburban.

We really liked Stapleton, and it did offer all that some of your comments mentioned, family-oriented, newer homes, community, close to Denver. We put an offer on a house and unfortunately there was another on the table that beat us out. We are under a time constraint and really need to secure a place by 7/1. We have scoured Stapleton's existing listings and unless something else opens in the next two weeks, we need to consider other options. What other neighborhoods would be as great as Stapleton, and near the area (my office will be in Stapleton).

We are looking for: 4 bedrooms home, good schools, restaurants, community, family-oriented in the $400k-$450k price range.

What other towns come to mind that we should consider and look into???

Old 05-23-2014, 08:37 PM

6,905 posts, read 6,501,326 times
You need to find a place in Stapleton. Short term rent if you have to until the right place comes up. Your quality of life will be so much better than any other alternative.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:29 AM

86,890 posts, read 102,319,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamfalcs View Post
Well, we house hunted in Denver this week and checked out a few neighborhoods, including Broomfield, Westminster, and Stapleton. We liked Broomfield better than Westminster, but still felt that Broomfield was further away from Denver than we want to be, and felt very remote/suburban.

We really liked Stapleton, and it did offer all that some of your comments mentioned, family-oriented, newer homes, community, close to Denver. We put an offer on a house and unfortunately there was another on the table that beat us out. We are under a time constraint and really need to secure a place by 7/1. We have scoured Stapleton's existing listings and unless something else opens in the next two weeks, we need to consider other options. What other neighborhoods would be as great as Stapleton, and near the area (my office will be in Stapleton).

We are looking for: 4 bedrooms home, good schools, restaurants, community, family-oriented in the $400k-$450k price range.

What other towns come to mind that we should consider and look into???
If you don't like Broomfield you don't like it, but it's not remote, let alone "very" remote. Kind of far if you're working in Stapleton, for sure. There's no other neighborhood like Stapleton, which was built on New Urbanist principals on the old Stapleton airport after it closed. Everything else is a bit more "organic" for lack of a better word, e.g. not a whole planned community. Have you tried Littleton?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver