U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 08:24 AM

17,087 posts, read 9,815,569 times

Advertisements

Looking out at the yard, I'm really glad I took cuttings of the flowering shrubs to enjoy indoors for a few days and covered all the tender plants. The quince is especially beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 08:39 AM

14,174 posts, read 23,231,943 times
This is the weather that just PISSES me off!! There's really no point in planting any bulb flowers in Denver because most years, they just all get killed. Last year all our daffodils were killed back to the ground before any of them even bloomed. This year, there were three blooms. I suspect that's it for them this year I would imagine most of the trees that were greening up will be back to bare after such a horrible freeze.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:46 AM

17,087 posts, read 9,815,569 times
Saturday evening I ransacked the house for every blanket and bucket I could find and covered everything possible. Fingers crossed, most will come through intact, but it was terribly disappointing to see the forsythias freeze. They were just gorgeous.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:38 AM

2,394 posts, read 4,303,633 times
So I didn't get a chance to get out over the weekend, was in Salida. Is it pretty much over now with the snow/freeze? Many of the larger trees in Littleton at least barely started to bud before the freeze, while some of the smaller trees were already flowering

Old 04-14-2014, 09:53 AM

6,530 posts, read 10,212,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
So I didn't get a chance to get out over the weekend, was in Salida. Is it pretty much over now with the snow/freeze? Many of the larger trees in Littleton at least barely started to bud before the freeze, while some of the smaller trees were already flowering
Yeah the snow ended early this morning and the sun is out. The roads will be nothing but slush by this afternoon. The good news is we didn't get nearly as much snow as the NWS had forecast. The bad news is there was a hard freeze last night.

Old 04-14-2014, 04:02 PM

77 posts, read 108,376 times
When I was walking around in a nearby tree-lined park today, I noticed all of the little flower buds had fallen to the ground after the freeze. Really too bad, some of them were only a day or two from blooming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver