U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 05:00 AM

4,506 posts, read 5,463,962 times

Advertisements

^^^^ just curious...which did you see more of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 07:35 AM

35,121 posts, read 39,943,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinkat80 View Post
Haha, thanks. This is something I've read about DC. The dating scene here is HORRIBLE!
The woman to man ratio here is 5:1 vs. what I've read about Denver, or as some say "Menver", is 1:6. HUGE difference.

2. It's an ugly man's paradise:

"For one reason or another, the number of single girls outnumbers the number of single men exponentially. What does that leave you with? A bunch of really hot girls with really ugly guys, because, well, there wasn't anyone left for them so they settled. It's not uncommon to see a fat disheveled shlub with a bombshell, because this is D.C. and women don't have standards here so if you're ugly, common or just plain, please come to D.C. It will only be a matter of time before you find your one true love."

And here's the article: The Single Life: Eleven Reasons To Move to Washington D.C.

Unfortunately, I'm not "in to" Shlubs, nor do I settle

Ever wonder if they think the same about you?

As far as the nickname goes, I do not understand why a mature adult would think they would be taken seriously about any topic using slang or words that are the trend to use.
Much like fashion, comfortable, practical, cost effective is always in style along with proper words when referring to somewhere, someone or something.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:19 AM

3,492 posts, read 4,928,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I'm a man, and married to my husband. There are women in Denver?
That's good. If you have a husband, it's always a good idea to be married to him

Old 05-01-2014, 03:54 PM

864 posts, read 1,177,377 times
I'm in my early 20's, and I definitely don't see Denver as Menver. Then again, I'm a conservative Christian, and it's hard to meet guys in the age bracket I date (23-28) who don't smoke pot, lol. I can't tell you how many guys have been absolutely shocked that I don't smoke pot, and don't want to date someone who does.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:03 AM

9 posts, read 40,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Ever wonder if they think the same about you?

As far as the nickname goes, I do not understand why a mature adult would think they would be taken seriously about any topic using slang or words that are the trend to use.
Much like fashion, comfortable, practical, cost effective is always in style along with proper words when referring to somewhere, someone or something.
Do I ever think who wonders what about me?

Old 05-02-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado607 View Post
My cousin moved to Denver from NYC with a job transfer. She is gorgeous, in her 30s, very professional and I always wondered why no one had scooped her up in NYC. She met someone out here almost immediately. They are now happily married with a second baby on the way. She originally lived up in Boulder and befriended his sister in law at work who then introduced them. They then moved to Wash Park in Denver. I am married in my 30s and whenever we go into Denver I marvel at how many young people are out and about. I think it's a vibrant place to live and that it attracts likeminded people. I could see Denver being great for singles. Good luck!
I actually went to visit Denver and absolutely LOVED it. The vibe is overall positive with happy people (and I think they were happy before weed became legal!). I'm in love with the city and am moving there ASAP! By the way, your post is awesome.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBPisgah View Post
This vibe is why I can't wait to leave the DC area - buckets-o-women or not - and move back somewhere more relaxed. Re: Menver, compared to the East Coast, you bet. Maybe when you get into mid 30's or so it's more pronounced. Seems like plenty of young things of both genders.
Yes, Denver is much more relaxed and I love it. The people seem genuine and definitely easier to talk to in general. Such a fantastic place. I CANNOT wait to get out there!!!

Old 01-31-2016, 10:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,115 times
The nickname "Menver" is accurate. I was there skiing last weekend. I would say the ratio is 60% man to woman. However, 40% of the dudes are gay, so it's basically 50/50.

Old 01-31-2016, 10:51 AM

2,652 posts, read 2,295,090 times
There's a possibility it could be that some men in Denver are more feminine than the women and women are more masculine than the men.

Old 01-31-2016, 10:59 AM

12,234 posts, read 8,012,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Glitter View Post
The nickname "Menver" is accurate. I was there skiing last weekend. I would say the ratio is 60% man to woman. However, 40% of the dudes are gay, so it's basically 50/50.
Very scientific of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver