U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 05:11 PM

7 posts, read 7,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
Hudson Gardens would be a nice venue. Did you try Crystal Rose? If all else fails churches can be a cheap option, and there certainly is no shortage of those in HR
Crystal Rose - ceremony only is $1250 minimum
and they have no time available on August 30th.

The churches I checked with all want us to join (not happening) or they won't allow my sister to perform the wedding and that for me is not an option. Besides ... I was surprised to hear the cost on some of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 05:33 PM

6,893 posts, read 6,465,469 times
Do it on the stage at Red Rocks. It's free. You have to deal with other people around so it won't be private, but it would be awesome. There are currently no concerts on calendar for that date. Even if they add one it would likely be a late start so the park will be open to the public in the morning.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:25 PM

13,920 posts, read 20,116,543 times
Default Are you kidding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
Did you try Crystal Rose?
Crystal Rose - Southeast - Denver, CO | Yelp

Crystal Rose - Littleton, CO | Yelp

Old 04-15-2014, 09:27 PM

4,857 posts, read 9,589,428 times
What about just going to a nice park? Some have pavilions that you can rent.

One that I like is Silo Park, on Orchard just east of I-25. It may even be free and it is available on August 30. Only downside is that there is a playground very nearby.

Another park is the War Memorial Rose Garden near downtown Littleton. Beautiful spot, but you do need to be a member of the South Suburban Parks and Rec District.

I bet there may even be a few in Highlands Ranch.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:07 AM

2,394 posts, read 4,292,290 times
Do you have any better ideas? There aren't many choices in HR

Old 04-16-2014, 08:48 AM

3,296 posts, read 8,409,203 times
FWIW, my sister was married at Hudson Gardens in Littleton and it was a very nice location. She wanted an outdoor ceremony, but her wedding was in late April and a snowstorm decided to change those plans. They had the ceremony and reception inside and it was beautiful.

I also second the suggestion to look at the parks in the area. Since you are having a small ceremony, renting a pavilion may be a very good way to go.

Moderator for: Oregon; Bend

Old 04-17-2014, 07:06 PM

655 posts, read 1,801,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post

Another park is the War Memorial Rose Garden near downtown Littleton. Beautiful spot, but you do need to be a member of the South Suburban Parks and Rec District.
You don't have to be a resident of the district, it's just significantly cheaper if you are ($150 for 1-50 guests resident rate vs. $300 non-resident.)

Old 04-29-2014, 09:26 PM

7 posts, read 7,144 times
Thanks everyone.

Old 04-30-2014, 03:13 PM

57 posts, read 76,924 times
Just an idea, but what about open space parks? I've seen small wedding at Pine Valley Ranch (further away from HR), it's beautiful and they also have a Gazebo and two large Pavilions that you can rent out. Congrats!!!

Old 05-01-2014, 10:27 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,705,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Do it on the stage at Red Rocks. It's free. You have to deal with other people around so it won't be private, but it would be awesome. There are currently no concerts on calendar for that date. Even if they add one it would likely be a late start so the park will be open to the public in the morning.
This ^^^

We had ours at Confluence Park near REI in the Central Platte Valley...it was public, sweet and personal. We also had a small ceremony and had to round up chairs and decor ourselves, but the permit to use the park was very inexpensive and it made for a great, unique, memorable setting. Public spaces make for GREAT wedding locations, I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver