U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 06:54 PM

5 posts, read 7,481 times

Advertisements

Can you all tell me if this area is safe? I think this is cherry creek...does anybody know about Lugano at Cherry Creek and woodstream falls? they are located at iliff and dayton street, your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 07:15 PM

6,908 posts, read 6,503,917 times
That is most definitely not Cherry Creek. There is a gated community just west of there that is called Cherry Creek Country Club. It has million dollar homes, golf course, etc. Cherry Creek is a high dollar neighborhood and shopping district in Denver that is about 20 minutes from this area. It is also a school district that is fed by this area (I grew up about a mile from where you are describing and went to Cherry Creek schools. I remember a bus stop in Woodstream). There is a thread on here about Woodstream Falls and some apparent major maintenance issues. Use the search function to find it.

I don't think the area is unsafe, but Woodstream is definitely low rent. Have you visited?

Old 04-17-2014, 07:26 PM

i havent visitied but i saw that wood stream looked run down, online. I was more interested in Lugano than wood stream. Thanks for your feedback. we are trying to find somewhere nice and safe and not run down. we have a one year old and really need to find somewhere that accommodates family living.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:34 PM

13,954 posts, read 20,218,130 times
safe

Old 04-17-2014, 08:14 PM

6,908 posts, read 6,503,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynnej123 View Post
i havent visitied but i saw that wood stream looked run down, online. I was more interested in Lugano than wood stream. Thanks for your feedback. we are trying to find somewhere nice and safe and not run down. we have a one year old and really need to find somewhere that accommodates family living.
That complex was built after I moved away, but I grew up in the neighborhood that backs up to that place. I actually remember playing in the field that is now where Lugano is located when I was a kid in the 80s. It is a totally safe area.

The complex is certainly newer. I don't know anything about the specifics of the building, but keep in mind when reading online reviews of apartments you will more than likely find a disproportionate number of negative reviews because people with bad experiences are always more likely to write a review. I would look for specific negative things from multiple reviewers. If you start to see a trend surrounding an issues, you should be very concerned.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:25 PM

thanks for your perspective.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:18 AM

4,013 posts, read 2,898,980 times
I lived nearby for many years and saw Lugano being built. In my time in the area (80247 and 80231) I had the following happen:

1. My Acura was stolen from my condominium parking lot, seats were ripped out and it was left on some random Aurora street. I had to essentially sell it for parts it had been damaged so badly. Car was locked and within 20 feet of people sleeping on the floor level.
2. There was a double homicide just outside our townhome complex on Dayton/Florida. That whole area is multi-housing units and that brings a certain element to the area. You'll often see people pushing grocery carts down the street where they eventually leave them and it takes a few weeks for them to get picked up.
3. We purchased a nice townhome in the area and saw the value plummet 40% in about 7 years. Eventually renters moved in to 1 out of 3 units in the complex and the unit next to us had an entire family of 6 or 7 move in (3 bedroom unit). Long story short, they were selling cocaine out of the townhome and after seeing folks coming and going all day and night I reported them to the Aurora PD and several arrests were made, including a 50-something woman who apparently had an outstanding warrant. The next family to move in had "only" 5 people, and they liked to play East African music and cook large pots of what smelled like vomit outside every day. East Africans were taking over that area before we left, the muslim church off of Parker is so busy on Sundays they have to park half way down Dayton. Cabs are everywhere.

The area is also FULL of pawn shops and liquor stores and that particular intersection you're considering (Iliff/Parker) is an absolute nightmare at peak times. I can't imagine fighting to just get onto either Iliff or Parker every single day.

Some positives are that you are close to everything - several grocery options there, a very nice gym (Colorado's Pro Gym off of Havana), ample restaurant options including a Tokyo Joe's, Chipotle, Starbucks and Chipotle just across Parker....that is, if you can actually cross the street. It's within reasonable distance to both DTC and downtown and is right on a bus line that takes you to both areas if you don't want to make the drive.

I can't speak to the apartments themselves but depending on where you work I think there are better options in any direction other than probably east into Aurora. Have you looked at any DTC apartments? They are decent and not crazy expensive. Or better yet, rent from a homeowner somewhere, then you aren't surrounded by renters in a cheap building (hopefully).

EDIT: I believe that area is still considered Cherry Creek School District. You'll see that even 15 miles east people LOVE to attach "Cherry Creek" to their names in the hopes people will associate it with the upscale community that is miles away. I have heard good and bad things about CC School District, some people love it and others hate it.

Last edited by Florida2014; 04-18-2014 at 07:21 AM.. Reason: CC edit

Old 04-18-2014, 05:06 PM

2,181 posts, read 5,617,754 times
The area is not Cherry Creek, but it's not far from the actual creek itself and the Cherry Creek bike path.

I lived near Lugano when it was being built as well. I think the area is safe; I never had a problem. I lived at Iliff/Yosemite in 80231. The Florida/Dayton intersection in 80247 isn't THAT close to Lugano.

Old 04-19-2014, 05:21 PM

4,013 posts, read 2,898,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
The Florida/Dayton intersection in 80247 isn't THAT close to Lugano.
It's 2 minutes in the car. Yes, it's very close.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:49 PM

2,181 posts, read 5,617,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
It's 2 minutes in the car. Yes, it's very close.
Nah. It's not like Lugano is right next door to the dumpy complexes along Florida near Dayton. I think Lugano would be fine for the OP who asked about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver