Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 03:36 PM

33 posts, read 41,829 times

Advertisements

I'll be coming to CO last week of May, and will be spending a bit of time in Lakewood as that's probably where I'd like to live if I end up moving out there. I've done a bit of searching, but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions about things I just HAVE to see while I'm visiting. Of course this can be expanded to incorporate other places outside Lakewood, I am going to Red Rocks as well as checking out Boulder and downtown Denver.

So far I've decided to visit the federal building, downtown Lakewood, and Bear Creek Lake Park. We'll probably camp instead of staying at hotels the entire time, I see bear creek has camping facilities, anywhere else that would be a good camping place to check out in the area?

Thanks in advance for all your help, you guys are awesome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 03:49 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Attending a concert at Red Rocks will be a great time.

For "spectacular" eats try Casa Bonita, with the cliff divers and mariachi band, it's a goofy legend of a place.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-05-2014, 03:57 PM

110 posts, read 188,261 times
Hi there,

I second the Red Rocks suggestion, but I have to ask - why Lakewood? Would you be working at the Federal Center?

Old 05-05-2014, 03:59 PM

Ohhhhh this Casa Bonita? LOL

This is perfect, absolutely going on my list

Old 05-05-2014, 04:00 PM

I am hoping to work there, and I have a couple friends there that absolutely love it, and love the feel it has there. Boulder is the best fit for me by far, but I don't think I can afford it at this point.

If you have other suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

Old 05-05-2014, 05:19 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,668,226 times
Just so you know, there really is no "downtown" Lakewood. If you Google downtown Lakewood you find the Belmar Shopping District, which was created in 2007 when the old Villa Italia Mall was torn down. It's a neat place with lots of shops and restaurants (and some apartments), but not a real "downtown" in the old fashioned sense.

Old 05-05-2014, 05:22 PM

Yep, I figured it wasn't anything super inclusive judging from pictures, but still looks interesting from a historical point.

Old 05-05-2014, 08:52 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,557,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlZilla77 View Post
Ohhhhh this Casa Bonita? LOL

This is perfect, absolutely going on my list
If you have seen the episode, it is exactly like the restaurant. They changed absolutely nothing.

Old 05-05-2014, 08:55 PM

1,912 posts, read 4,688,400 times
If you're out west anyways, I also like to hit up Golden. Nice downtown, Miller Coors brewery is there.

Old 05-05-2014, 09:39 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,123,489 times
Bear Creek is probably the best place to camp.

Head up into the mountains and there are a few things to see and do:

Go to Georgetown and wander around downtown and shop in the local stores. I recommend the Georgetown Valley Candy Co.; I am a sucker for the homemade English toffee. Maybe ride the Georgetown Loop Railroad. Stop in Idaho Springs for Beau Jo's Pizza on your way back.

Head up to the top of Lookout Mountain for a great view of the metro area.

Dinosaur Ridge is along C470. Check out the dinosaur tracks - it doesn't take long.

Take a hike in Waterton Canyon. It's easy and you'll probably see a lot of wildlife -- deer, foxes, coyotes, bighorn sheep -- and maybe you'll be seen by a mountain lion or two.

There's more, but these will get you started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver