U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-25-2014, 01:28 PM
 
Location: Colorado - Oh, yeah!
833 posts, read 1,439,766 times
Reputation: 1032

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELCO5280 View Post
When the "all-cash investors" flee; time to lead the middle-class, mortgage obtaining, sheep to slaughter. Household incomes can't support these prices so once the investors dry up the prices will fall. I wouldn't buy in today's market especially in Denver... Though, I would sell of course
Any chance you could arrange that to happen by this summer? I've got plans man, and cheap housing would help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-26-2014, 11:56 AM
 
91 posts, read 147,538 times
Reputation: 138
[quote=ELCO5280;34508957]When the "all-cash investors" flee; time to lead the middle-class, mortgage obtaining, sheep to slaughter. Household incomes can't support these prices so once the investors dry up the prices will fall. I wouldn't buy in today's market especially in Denver... Though, I would sell of course


And you have researched this extensively and have all the data to support your findings, yes? Oh wait ..... this is just your opinion. Never mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2014, 06:40 PM
 
39 posts, read 61,335 times
Reputation: 85
[quote=ArthurDaly;34537393]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELCO5280 View Post
When the "all-cash investors" flee; time to lead the middle-class, mortgage obtaining, sheep to slaughter. Household incomes can't support these prices so once the investors dry up the prices will fall. I wouldn't buy in today's market especially in Denver... Though, I would sell of course


And you have researched this extensively and have all the data to support your findings, yes? Oh wait ..... this is just your opinion. Never mind.
It's common sense. Everyone in the country knows that everything is rising quickly but income. In states like OK and TX the housing growth is slower paced over time without sharp spikes which equals less risk. I chose those two states because they both have a better overall economy than Denver but more affordable housing that comes with a less risk to become an underwater situation. I will purchase in Denver once the bubble bursts because it most certainty will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2014, 07:16 PM
 
91 posts, read 147,538 times
Reputation: 138
[quote=FindingNemo;34542186]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurDaly View Post

It's common sense. Everyone in the country knows that everything is rising quickly but income. In states like OK and TX the housing growth is slower paced over time without sharp spikes which equals less risk. I chose those two states because they both have a better overall economy than Denver but more affordable housing that comes with a less risk to become an underwater situation. I will purchase in Denver once the bubble bursts because it most certainty will.
Wow - Its common sense and everyone knows? I guess this position was also arrived at after extensive research? Affordable housing is not the issue - housing of any type right now is the issue, and that is a situation that is not going to improve anytime soon. Build more housing I hear you respond! OK, where exactly and using what water sources? And just who is going to build it? One point you may be blissfully unaware of is that there is a chronic shortage of skilled labor to build anything construction related - and again, this is a situation that is not going to improve anytime soon. So, you can keep waiting for your dream bubble to burst, but you may be waiting for a very long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2014, 07:30 PM
 
39 posts, read 61,335 times
Reputation: 85
[quote=ArthurDaly;34542547]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingNemo View Post

Wow - Its common sense and everyone knows? I guess this position was also arrived at after extensive research? Affordable housing is not the issue - housing of any type right now is the issue, and that is a situation that is not going to improve anytime soon. Build more housing I hear you respond! OK, where exactly and using what water sources? And just who is going to build it? One point you may be blissfully unaware of is that there is a chronic shortage of skilled labor to build anything construction related - and again, this is a situation that is not going to improve anytime soon. So, you can keep waiting for your dream bubble to burst, but you may be waiting for a very long time.
I don't want it bust but it's not sustainable. Again, just watch. I will eat my words if I'm wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2014, 07:46 AM
 
Location: Washington Park, Denver
6,965 posts, read 6,576,433 times
Reputation: 7512
Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingNemo View Post
It's common sense. Everyone in the country knows that everything is rising quickly but income. In states like OK and TX the housing growth is slower paced over time without sharp spikes which equals less risk. I chose those two states because they both have a better overall economy than Denver but more affordable housing that comes with a less risk to become an underwater situation. I will purchase in Denver once the bubble bursts because it most certainty will.
But then you live in Oklahoma or Texas.

There is something to be said for living in a place people want to live. It's part of what makes people spend a higher portion of their income on housing than they would in other cities.

I could cut my home cost in half and move to the suburbs and have a bigger house with much more land, but then I would live somewhere I don't want to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2014, 06:43 PM
 
39 posts, read 61,335 times
Reputation: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
But then you live in Oklahoma or Texas.

There is something to be said for living in a place people want to live. It's part of what makes people spend a higher portion of their income on housing than they would in other cities.

I could cut my home cost in half and move to the suburbs and have a bigger house with much more land, but then I would live somewhere I don't want to live.
Colorado is a desirable place to live for the natural beauty here. The other places are more desirable in a financial sense because their beauty is affordable housing and a vibrant economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2014, 09:12 PM
 
Location: Rockport Texas from El Paso
2,601 posts, read 7,534,651 times
Reputation: 1579
It just depends. Rockport Texas with ocean , beach and palm trees has great natural beauty. I'd raher live in Rockport during the winter and Colorado in the summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2014, 10:33 AM
 
Location: 5280 above liquid
356 posts, read 515,647 times
Reputation: 383
[quote=ArthurDaly;34537393]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELCO5280 View Post
When the "all-cash investors" flee; time to lead the middle-class, mortgage obtaining, sheep to slaughter. Household incomes can't support these prices so once the investors dry up the prices will fall. I wouldn't buy in today's market especially in Denver... Though, I would sell of course


And you have researched this extensively and have all the data to support your findings, yes? Oh wait ..... this is just your opinion. Never mind.
Why yes there is plenty of research out there that has formed my opinion and if it differs from your opinion then so be it, I'm cool with that. I do wonder why you're here because THIS ENTIRE FORUM IS OPINION though?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2014, 05:50 PM
 
107 posts, read 143,131 times
Reputation: 57
Ugh. $375k asking price, thought we were safe at $390k...nope. I thought house hunting was supposed to be fun...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:01 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top