U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2015, 12:16 PM

21,177 posts, read 11,791,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
We don't get calls luckily, but we do get flyers on our front door at least once a week from some broker saying "now is the perfect time to sell your home". Considering we just bought the home just over a year ago, we are definitely not ready to move anytime soon.

Sellers agents are probably making a killing right now considering decent quality homes are only on the market for a few days.
I just built new construction and moved in at the end of November, and even I am getting those flyers!

I am curious about current value, but not enough to follow up since I don't plan to move for the next few decades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 12:27 PM

652 posts, read 569,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I just think it's interesting, because I haven't taken a call like that since California circa 2004.
When we moved here from Florida we owned a lakefront house in Orlando that we were renting out. We were considering keeping it, and using it for snow-birding. It was 2004 when I started getting calls from investors and agents alike, hounding me to sell or list the house. It was a little creepy that they tracked me down out here, since all my phone numbers were new and unlisted.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:39 PM

17,086 posts, read 9,870,032 times
I suspect he's just cold-calling the entire neighborhood. My number is listed, and inventory is incredibly tight in this part of the south metro. I wasn't offended. (That is, until he hung up on me!) Anyway, I understand exactly why people want this neighborhood. It's the same reason I live here.

Last edited by randomparent; 04-08-2015 at 02:05 PM..

Old 04-08-2015, 01:43 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,289,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I know it wasn't you, 2B. The broker identified himself and his agency. I just think it's interesting, because I haven't taken a call like that since California circa 2004.
We have neighbors in Stapleton who put their house on the market last week and immediately got a solid offer for $20K over asking. They already had a new build going up within Stapleton.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:02 AM

2,409 posts, read 2,640,734 times
Has anyone noticed how absurdly expensive 250 Columbine is? It is the only major condo construction in the last 6 years since the Spire, and their condos are priced at ~1k per sqft. Didn't know Cherry Creek was the new Manhattan.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:29 AM

695 posts, read 806,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
Didn't know Cherry Creek was the new Manhattan.
And for that price, I'll take Manhattan any day of the week.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:37 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,538,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
Has anyone noticed how absurdly expensive 250 Columbine is? It is the only major condo construction in the last 6 years since the Spire, and their condos are priced at ~1k per sqft. Didn't know Cherry Creek was the new Manhattan.
yes. And for most of thw buyers, it will not be tgeir primary residence.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:06 AM

7 posts, read 7,024 times
We are moving out to NC this summer and will be listing our house in SE Aurora (Cherry Creek Schools) in Late June/Early July. After hearing how quickly things are selling in this area right now I am questioning whether or not we really need a realtor, or should we just try and list it ourselves? I really hate to pay so much in realtor fees for something that will go under contract with very little marketing required. Any thoughts? Or is there some middle ground? Flat rate realtors or something like that.

Last edited by tsch919; 04-09-2015 at 09:36 AM..

Old 04-09-2015, 09:30 AM

695 posts, read 806,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsch919 View Post
We are moving out to NC this summer and will be listing our house in SE Aurora (Cherry Creek Schools) in Late June/Early July. And after hearing how quickly things are selling in this area right now I am questioning weather or not we really need a realtor, or should we just try and list it ourselves? I really hate to pay so much in realtor fees for something that will go under contract with very little marketing required. Any thoughts? Or is there some middle ground? Flat rate realtors or something like that.

Technically, you could put a "For Sale" up in your yard and get 10 offers that same day.

Realistically, I would always recommend using a realtor.

However, negotiate their commission.

In this market, realtors want listings.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:23 AM

2,409 posts, read 2,640,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsch919 View Post
We are moving out to NC this summer and will be listing our house in SE Aurora (Cherry Creek Schools) in Late June/Early July. After hearing how quickly things are selling in this area right now I am questioning whether or not we really need a realtor, or should we just try and list it ourselves? I really hate to pay so much in realtor fees for something that will go under contract with very little marketing required. Any thoughts? Or is there some middle ground? Flat rate realtors or something like that.
There is a realtor company that charges low flat fee rate that I know of. I posted their info but my post got deleted. PM me if you want to know what the company is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver