Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2015, 03:53 PM

6 posts, read 6,302 times

Advertisements

Well i rented to a couple wth 2 kids who moved to CO from New Jersey b/c they want to grow their own MJ. I let them use one of the bedrms in the house & they were very careful & did it right, but i was glad when they moved. They left the room clean & there was no smell but i was still nervous since they had more than the legal # of plants. I think. It was really hard to tell. I know nothing about MJ horticulture.

"I have yet to meet one person that has moved here for marijuana." --another comment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 10:38 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,717,866 times
Average rent now up to $1,952.
Average rent $1952, home values up 15.5% in November in Denver, says Zillow report - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com

Old 01-01-2016, 03:25 PM

214 posts, read 257,984 times
I kind of wonder if the higher rent prices are the result of new rental property's being put on the market, driving up the average rent price.

The rents at the last two apartment complexes I have lived in have dropped ~$100-$200 per month since September.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:09 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,239,553 times
That article is bull****. There is no way, anywhere in the country, a city's home values could have gone up 15% in one month. Either the Zillow report is severely flawed, or the interpretation of it is completely off-base. I don't understand how the editors could overlook such a clear and gross mistake.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:38 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,717,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
That article is bull****. There is no way, anywhere in the country, a city's home values could have gone up 15% in one month. Either the Zillow report is severely flawed, or the interpretation of it is completely off-base. I don't understand how the editors could overlook such a clear and gross mistake.
While the article did not explain it Zillow is based off of year over year usually, meaning that in one year the rent has went up 15.5% which is a large jump considering wages are not going up nearly that fast.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:46 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,014,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
Since "Zillow Home Values" have no basis in reality, there's no reason they can't go up 15% in a month. 15% of BS is still BS!

FWIW, Zillow put my home value at less than 50% of what I paid for new construction at the end of 2014 - and recent comps, including a neighbor's house on the same block, put my value at about 15% more than I paid last year. That's how accurate Zillow is.

Old 01-04-2016, 03:56 PM

897 posts, read 1,245,271 times
So.... It's 2016 now so it's time to make predictions!!

Any armchair predictions for the RE market in Denver for 2016? Both housing and rental - I have not the knowledge or the background to make a prediction so I'm curious what others think

Old 01-04-2016, 11:12 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,239,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoitzrimz View Post

Any armchair predictions for the RE market in Denver for 2016? Both housing and rental - I have not the knowledge or the background to make a prediction so I'm curious what others think
Rental has already stabilized and will change little this year; no more than 5% in either direction, likely within 3%. Housing is on the stabilizing path; house prices will increase by around 3%.

Old 01-04-2016, 11:20 PM

26,111 posts, read 48,696,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoitzrimz View Post

I predict:
- Prices will level off as they have reached a point where too many people are priced out.
- Prices will level off as increasing amounts of new construction comes to market.
- Some accommodation will be reached on condo deficiency laws.
- Traffic will get worse, generally.
- Traffic on Pena will ease as new rail line comes on-line to the airport.
- State Fair will lose money, again.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-05-2016, 09:18 AM

11,810 posts, read 34,265,174 times
There is nothing pointing to a stabilization in leasing or real estate sales.

Prices will not level off because of affordability. There are other more expensive markets. If this didn't happen there, it will not happen here.

Prices will not stabilize due to new construction. New construction is $300,000+ in and around Denver.

Record low inventory, low interest rates, 101,000+ new people in Colorado all need to live somewhere.

I say we are looking at 12-15% price increases in 2016, even with mortgage interest rates going up 1% a year.

Decembers numbers should be out soon. I can't wait for January's numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver