U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 05:53 PM

29 posts, read 81,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
Nice find - makes sense to me. Darn Rockies & Avalanche.

We have to find a way to get more females relocated to Menver, and PRETTY ones. Denver already has enough of the butch-looking types. Actually, males outnumber females in other parts of the state, not just Denver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Is this what you are referring to?

YIKES!!!!!!! I am a woman and that is just plain SCARRY!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 06:01 PM

29 posts, read 81,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC58 View Post
25% of Denver are people that have moved in from LA in last 10 years. You want to avoid those people. They reside in Lake Highlands and south Aurora.
The east side (Aurora) is black/white mixed. The west side (Lakewood) is mexican. Try the north areas such as Arvada, Northglenn, Westminster. There are genuine Colorado natives there and they are genuine and friendly.
If you live off 128 or 72 you have direct access to mountains.

Boulder is best, but most expensive, and gets twice the snow of Denver.

Heavy side? CO is the leanest population in the USA. Its hard to find lookers in CO, but that is due to two things; they don't wear makeup or dressup, and they are heavily wrapped for 6 months of the year.

The native CO women I dated while in Denver were the nicest of any I've met elsewhere. The DougCo are from CA, and behave accordingly.
Don't be a Cali-Hater!!! There are also wonderful people from So. Cal.! AND, if people from SO. Cal. are moving to Denver it's most likely cuz they want to get away from the pretenciousness and image-oriented attitudes of LA & OC and are seeking a more relaxed lifestyle. Letts' be friends!

Old 01-09-2008, 06:46 PM

835 posts, read 2,614,682 times
sounds like i am right back at my ghetto highschool that i cudnt wait to grad from i am sure denvr has plenty of females honestly theyr gonna be some girls there 4 miln ppl few hundred thousand chicks in tha age range will prob be lookin for action i wudnt worry, that goes for any large metropolatian araea

Last edited by Mike from back east; 01-09-2008 at 06:58 PM.. Reason: language

Old 01-09-2008, 07:02 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,038,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthamove View Post
sounds like i am right back at my ghetto highschool that i cudnt wait to grad from i am sure denvr has plenty of females honestly theyr gonna be some girls there 4 miln ppl few hundred thousand chicks in tha age range will prob be lookin for action i wudnt worry, that goes for any large metropolatian araea
of course, it might get a little "Every man for himself" when the ratio gets skewed. imagine there are 2,000,000 women and 2,000,000,000 men. that could be a bit hopeless, even with 2M women there.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:58 AM

50 posts, read 206,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello-world View Post
oops. i skimmed your post too quickly before and just looked at it again and saw you posted the % for 20-29. though, it looks like that might be metro denver - denver proper had a higher ratio m:f for that age group (more like 53:47 or 112:100) according to CensusScope -- Population Pyramid and Age Distribution Statistics .
Good call on looking at Denver proper.

As far as the "Best Cities for Singles" Rankings - Yes, Forbes rated Denver/Boulder as top 5 for several years running. Unfortunately, their methodology in determining this was, "The number of singles is based on the percentage of a metro's population above the age of 15 that has never been married. Data provided by the U.S. Census Bureau." So basically any metro area that had a couple relatively large college campuses nearby made the list. Fair enough (also note than when they discluded Boulder in following years the city dropped a significant rank)... but what would be more appropriate for this topic would be a "Best Places for Male Singles" and a "Best Places for Female Singles" study. Perhaps Denver would turn out #1 for female singles, but much lower on the list for male singles.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_quest View Post
Good call on looking at Denver proper.

As far as the "Best Cities for Singles" Rankings - Yes, Forbes rated Denver/Boulder as top 5 for several years running. Unfortunately, their methodology in determining this was, "The number of singles is based on the percentage of a metro's population above the age of 15 that has never been married. Data provided by the U.S. Census Bureau." So basically any metro area that had a couple relatively large college campuses nearby made the list. Fair enough (also note than when they discluded Boulder in following years the city dropped a significant rank)... but what would be more appropriate for this topic would be a "Best Places for Male Singles" and a "Best Places for Female Singles" study. Perhaps Denver would turn out #1 for female singles, but much lower on the list for male singles.
forbes had denver/boulder as #1 for 3 years running, which dropped to something in the high teens, if i recall, last time around when they "adjusted their metrics" (by including aurora rather than boulder??) or something like that. i think that stuff is more soft marketing for cities than much else, for the most part.

forbes' criteria had a bit to do with how many people were on match, as well. and, how cheap a 6 pack and pizza might be, or how "cool" people think the city might be, or # of restaurants and bars (regardless of variety or quality). yet, they didn't consider that people might be STAYING single due to some cultural oddity, or that some singles might do fine, while the rest might not (no comment on m:f ratio, no substantial comment on the culture of the place other than "there are museums - regardless of how many people actually ever use them) or "if you're not sporty, you might get left out". anyway, some of their criteria seem like reasons for a place to come in last, but, that's my own opinion.

denver boulder are probably decent for female singles, i agree. probably more so for a particular demographic or two of the women...

Old 01-21-2008, 03:24 AM

202 posts, read 309,939 times
I don't know how to state this without sounding bitter, rude, out-of-line, even..perhaps..but as a native Colorado who has since moved and lived elsewhere....there is something unique about the majority of women in Colorado...and not unique in a good sense but unique in how caddy and jealous and b*****y they are...as if they are constantly sizing you up as competition rather than a potential friend. I realized, as a native Coloradan, after moving out-of-state, that in fact I wasn't a female who preferred male friends....it's just that I hadn't met the right women....and i'm sorry to say...as a native female from Colorado....there's a weird negative streak in a lot of the females who live here...at least in the Denver/Boulder/Greater metro area...anyone else have thoughts on this?

Old 01-21-2008, 08:20 AM

26,346 posts, read 83,068,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m92tiger View Post
..anyone else have thoughts on this?
People are people. Some people are jerks, some are nice. I think it's easier to generalize people across socio-economic lines (wherein people can make assumptions and judgments about rank in society) than geographical lines.

Last edited by Charles; 01-21-2008 at 08:35 AM..

Old 01-21-2008, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
People are people. Some people are jerks, some are nice. I think it's easier to generalize people across socio-economic lines (wherein people can make assumptions and judgments about rank in society) than geographical lines.
well, geographical lines DO correlate with "culture". canada, mexico, the northeast, the south, the west coast are geographical as well as cultural identities to some extent (regardless of whether or not some individuals within those regions might reflect the "culture"), no?

Old 01-21-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m92tiger View Post
I don't know how to state this without sounding bitter, rude, out-of-line, even..perhaps..but as a native Colorado who has since moved and lived elsewhere....there is something unique about the majority of women in Colorado...and not unique in a good sense but unique in how caddy and jealous and b*****y they are...as if they are constantly sizing you up as competition rather than a potential friend. I realized, as a native Coloradan, after moving out-of-state, that in fact I wasn't a female who preferred male friends....it's just that I hadn't met the right women....and i'm sorry to say...as a native female from Colorado....there's a weird negative streak in a lot of the females who live here...at least in the Denver/Boulder/Greater metro area...anyone else have thoughts on this?
it's not impossible that this might not just be the "females", and it might not just be in the "natives" of some of the region?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver