Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2007, 01:14 PM

3 posts, read 10,613 times

Advertisements

I am interested in moving to Colorado. I have lived in California my whole life and need a change. I'm pretty sure I've settled on Denver, but I want to find out about the specific areas of the city that are best to live (or perhaps even surrounding cities). I am a early 20's college graduate. I'm a Cali girl so I'm used to very fast paced living. I HATE driving so any area where driving is limited would be great. Thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 01:19 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,446,398 times
You need to provide a lot more information to avoid getting a spray paint set of answers.

What is your housing or rental budget?
What line of work are you in?
Where do you expect to work?
Why Denver?
Where from in California?

P.S. If you are from LA or the Bay area, the worst day of Denver traffic is better than the best day of LA traffic. With that, driving in the Denver area might not be as hateful as you are used to. In LA is it insane to live anywhere other than near where you work. It is doable in Denver.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:20 PM

1,536 posts, read 6,070,884 times
Live in Denver and if you hate driving, live as close to Downtown as possible. For someone in their early 20's, LoDo / Capitol Hill and Highlands are ideal if you want the fast pace (which can be slow on L.A. standards but along the lines of San Diego). Are you looking for a house, condo, eventual marriage and kids? Do you already have a job lined up, if not, what is your degree in? The more info you provide to the forumers here, the more responses you will get, expect good and bad. However, a visit before moving would be recommended.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:45 PM

Like I said, I am early 20's recent college grad. I have no jobs lined up yet since I'm not sure where I am moving. I have family in Broomfield and Aurora and have visited Thornton several times...although I know little about those towns. I grew up in San Jose and currently live in Santa Barbara (although it is really not my scene). I am not too concerned about my budget since anywhere I live is going to be relatively cheaper than where I am living now. But, I am quite young still so a less expensive area would be best.
Thanks DenveAztec, your response to helpful. I just wanted to know a few Denver areas that are recommended. Thanks again.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:07 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,101,625 times
If you start out in an apartment, I believe you can find a decent 1 bdr. in the city for under $700 a month. A renter could give you a better idea of prices.

I don't really get "fast-paced lifestyle". To me, you can be fast-paced here or there. The pace of my life is no different after moving from L.A. to Denver. The areas suggested, Highlands, LoDo, downtown, Cap. Hill, are all close to bars, clubs, restaurants and if you find a job downtown, it would be perfect.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:30 PM

I live in Capitol Hill/Governor's Park and though some consider that fast paced, I move slow. I am 41 and need to worry about falling down and breaking a hip!

Of course I pretend I am 30ish when at the local clubs. I am only fooling myself for certain!

Old 12-12-2007, 03:47 PM

Cass Cass, Check out Westword.com - it is our Village Voice (NYC) for alternative news and venues. 9News.com has our local news, weather and some live cameras on the busy streets. Ask away if you plan to visit and need some tips.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:27 PM

Thanks so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver