U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 10:23 PM

12 posts, read 14,492 times

Advertisements

it has been so amazing outside lately!! temps in the 70s/80s at the coast and hardly any June gloom to speak of!! and the ocean is soo warm already for this time of year! its only June 3rd and the sea temp at scripps pier is 71 degrees!! that usually doesn't happen til late summer, anyone know why its so nice?? I haven't even needed to use a wetsuit when im surfing for the past two weeks. I love it, its gonna be a great summer I love san diego! And YES this is relevant to denver bcause i moved here from colorado so im curious, and i see A TON of colorado license plates here in san diego, like multiple every day. more than any other out of state plates by far. interesting..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 10:29 PM

13,415 posts, read 25,159,669 times
The past few days, the weather here has been about same/same, so any Coloradans not in SD aren't missing anything but the ocean.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:39 PM

i lived in colorado for 9 years (colorado springs). dont get me wrong its beautiful in the mountains and i love the epic snowboarding/hiking. but san diego is incredible, def my favorite city in the US. the laid back surfer lifestyle(comparable to the ski towns in CO), the hot surfer chicks, snowbunnies dont even compare!! the the beautiful vistas and weather year round, the sunsets, the cool progresive thinking-people everyhwere, so much going on all the time you can never be bored, the warm humid summer nights cruising the boardwalk, the beautiful canyons/mountains/desert scenery nearby.. its such a great place to be young and in the moment. and the ocean is kind of amazing, the best beaches in CA for sure. with the dramatic cliffs and sea caves and crystal clear coves in la jolla, and its very clean. it makes me feel so refeshed and alive, and in my opinon rivals the beauty of the rockies anyday. its nothing like LA, that place sucks.. plus i way prefer a humid 75 with a cool fresh seabreeze than a dry 75, my skin feels great and i can keep a tan. to each their own tho.. I seriously see so many Colorado plates in San Diego tho, literally like 10 a day at least just driving around.. everyone says a ton of Californians are in Colorado but around here it seems to be the opposite lol

Last edited by SDCO21; 06-02-2014 at 11:02 PM..

Old 06-02-2014, 11:29 PM

7,620 posts, read 7,090,201 times
Thanks for posting.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:32 AM

6,811 posts, read 10,766,512 times
And how much is that ocean costing you? I'm guessing somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 large for a tar paper shanty and 11.4% of your personal income.

For me, the beach is quite possibly the most boring place on the face of the planet. You can cover damn near everything there is to do at the beach in a day or two tops. I don't know how people can spend a week or two having a "beach vacation." It would drive me nuts.

Last edited by bluescreen73; 06-03-2014 at 01:49 AM..

Old 06-03-2014, 02:15 AM

4 posts, read 8,273 times
Where in San Diego could you possibly rent an apartment like that 5 minutes from the beach? Unbelievable!

Old 06-03-2014, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
And how much is that ocean costing you? I'm guessing somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 large for a tar paper shanty and 11.4% of your personal income.

For me, the beach is quite possibly the most boring place on the face of the planet. You can cover damn near everything there is to do at the beach in a day or two tops. I don't know how people can spend a week or two having a "beach vacation." It would drive me nuts.
lol I'm 21, I live in a nice one bedroom apartment a 5 minute walk from the beach and I pay $800 a month. The beach is boring if you don't do anything when you go to it. I get to surf everyday and don't have to drive over 2 hours each way to the mountains and pay $500 for a ski pass like I used to in Colorado, it almost wasn't worth it. Gas is maybe 20 cents more than in colorado, and alot of things like produce are way fresher and cheaper. Cali is still really affordable for young people without kids and a family. Not really much more than I'd pay in Colorado in a nice area.. And there's so much more to do here than just the beach

Old 06-03-2014, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon12 View Post
Where in San Diego could you possibly rent an apartment like that 5 minutes from the beach? Unbelievable!
I live in pacific beach now. I'll admit I got lucky with that deal but you can find them. I used to rent a room in a big house with 4 other people in La Jolla, one of the nicest neighborhoods in San Diego, for $750 a month. There are bomb deals out there

Old 06-03-2014, 05:11 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,112,519 times
Many of us greenies live part time , vacation and own property in Southern California, especially South OC;, check out the Balboa pennisula in Newport Beach. That is ground zero for Colorado plates and Colorado cycling team jerseys. I run into friends from Denver, Boulder, Aspen on the streets, stores, and beaches routinely. A month ago I ran into a friend of mine who I know from a Littleton dog park near Woods Cove..both our dogs played together on the beach...saw him again a week ago here. FYI I live out there part time, but will be soon moving permanently. Ran into three people I knew from Colorado last March between UCSD and La Jolla bluffs. Many of us Greenies have lived in California and visa versa...surfing and snowboarding especially create a huge population exchange between the two states. If you are into sufing, and in OC, South Bay or Malibu head to Jacks, Costa Azul, and Becker for top gear. This last spring winter has been freaking crazy warm out in Southern Cal. Polar vortex, what's that? Remember Dec., January? Hot!!!!

Last edited by Scott5280; 06-03-2014 at 05:30 AM..

Old 06-03-2014, 09:39 AM

14,174 posts, read 23,754,266 times
The warm ocean temps are probably due to a strong El Nino that's setting up. If that's the case, we'll all be paying for it this winter (CO and CA). I lived through the 97/98 El Nino in Orange County when it rained endlessly for 3 months and houses slid off hillsides. Denver gets its heaviest snows in El Nino years.

I love SoCal, but the thrill of the beach eventually wears off. Just like the thrill of seeing mountains for people from non mountainous areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or