U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 11:02 AM

10 posts, read 23,311 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone for the information. This will give me something to check out on the weekends. Although, I'm not too happy about Denver Aztec's comment about the altitude and the singers not wanting to perform. I saw a lot of higher profile bands advertise for Red Rocks Amphitheater, so I know they'll carry some of the larger bands.

Wankel7: I used to own a Suzuki Gsxr600, but I sold it after I moved to Washington DC. I really didn't like the idea of keeping it outside when I had my apartment. I know a few people that had their bikes stolen while there. Now, that I'm out here I'm looking at getting a bike in the spring time. So, I'll keep an eye on the site you suggested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 12:01 PM

1,536 posts, read 5,510,122 times
Those that complain about the high altitude and don't return are usually not the best of bands, IMO. You will love concerts at Red Rocks, U2 shot their "Under a Blood Red Sky" video there when they first came out in the 80s. We get the big name artists there and at the Fillmore Theater and Pepsi Center. Summer has more open and outdoor venues, plus the mountain resort have some fantastic music festival. Check out Telluride and Breckenridge music festivals.

The artists that have been around know how to handle the altitude but newer bands that are not local, and heck recent residential transplants, can have issues. Drinking a lot of water is crucial if you are here just to visit and have never been. Altitude sickness can be horrible but easily preventable if you know about it.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:20 PM

1,536 posts, read 5,510,122 times
p.s. a band from Wyoming will be coming down to the Cricket On The Hill in Jaunary, here is what another forumer sent me about them.

Thanks Jesse, you're such a good sport!

They'll be playing January 10th - The band is called Falling Untrue. They play hard rock with a melodic twist. Check them out at www.fallinguntrue.com - Hope you like them! Thanks for suffering through my pitch
Enjoy your weekend!

Last edited by DenverAztec; 12-15-2007 at 01:25 PM..

Old 12-15-2007, 01:37 PM

51 posts, read 192,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrmoto1 View Post
As a recent transplant to Denver, I've been wanting to go out and enjoy the nightlife here. I've went to a few bars on the Eastern end of Colfax, that were pretty nice but unfortunately none of them had live music. I'm looking for a website or publication that posts where local bands are going to be playing on the weekends.
With photo galleries to peruse where cute folks hang out ;-)

http://denver.mixliving.com/

Old 12-16-2007, 10:56 PM

88 posts, read 284,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
From an old Denver resident, let see, if I can reach over and check this, ouch.... link
http://www.westword.com/, yea, ah, ya, you can find, sno______oze oh what was I saying, this magazine free, all over the metro area----eeh, ahh, ooooh, ahh, ouch

Oh, eh, eh, this is a good newspaper for all the shindings and shebangs in this here city. Check out the music and the calendar tab,youngin--oh, my aching back.....my arthritis. We in the older crowd are not exciting but we know were to look for information. ehem, ehem, ehem, that asthma, my prostrate, I got to.....ohoooooooooooooooooooo.

Livecontent
Oh, LC, I think you pulled your thingamajig! Slow, deep breaths, that's it, everything will be OK.
flyingbuffalos, rnc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver