U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2008, 09:44 AM

1,536 posts, read 5,520,784 times

Advertisements

Just keep in mind that It will take you longer to get to the smaller towns via bus then you will spend walking around in them. If you had a car, you could easily visit Golden, Boulder, Lafayette and Louisville in a day trip. I would recommend seeing all of them for various reasons, but Boulder will probably have the most pssibilities for seeing the town minus having a car. The Pearl Street Mall in pedestrian mall with many stores and restuarants on it, but what is appealing to me is the historic buildings that line the mall. Be sure to check out the street that is one block north of Pearl Street. The Boulderado Hotel and the United Methodist churche are historic gems. If you get a chance and the weather is nice, rent a bike as that is a great way to see the CU campus, the Pearl Street mall and you can even ride it up to Boulder Falls up Boulder Canyon. It may be a challenge for you with the altitude, but maybe not. Be sure to get a view and some pics of the mountain range as you enter Boulder, it is called the Flatirons due to their shape. Very unique and beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 10:41 AM

87,016 posts, read 102,649,686 times
^^^ True, although if you took the bus to Boulder you could easily pick up a circulator and ride out to Lsvl and Laf. The ride through downtown Louisville would be sufficient in itself to give you an idea of the flavor of the town. Sorry, I don't know the names of those, they have all changed recently, but you can google RTD and find them.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:22 PM

5,608 posts, read 20,727,189 times
Don't want to hurt your feelings, Katiana, as I'm sure Louisville is a great place to live, but for someone of Daniel_T's age, I can guarrantee he won't miss a thing if he never sees any of the three Boulder county "L" towns. I would focus on Boulder, even Fort Collins if there was a possibility of getting there, and Golden would also be a worth a side trip (perhaps on the way to or from Boulder?).

Old 03-17-2008, 12:25 PM

87,016 posts, read 102,649,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_T View Post
Thanks. Those are the kind of suggestions I am looking for. I want to check out some of the smaller towns within the Denver Metro Area. If you have anymore suggestions on any small places that would be great.
daniel
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Don't want to hurt your feelings, Katiana, as I'm sure Louisville is a great place to live, but for someone of Daniel_T's age, I can guarrantee he won't miss a thing if he never sees any of the three Boulder county "L" towns. I would focus on Boulder, even Fort Collins if there was a possibility of getting there, and Golden would also be a worth a side trip (perhaps on the way to or from Boulder?).
It's true that Louisville is more of a "family" town, but he did say he was interested in the small towns around. My 27 yr old niece likes Louisville's small town feel. It may not be the place for a young single to live, however, it's not that far from Boulder and is cheaper in terms of housing.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:56 PM

686 posts, read 3,467,047 times
Hi there, thank you all for the suggestions. I really just want to explore and see the what the area has to offer. I like how Boulder looks. No tall buildings, mountains around, and (to me it looks like a mountain town) which would be cool considering I don't think i'll make it into the mountains this time.

Daniel

Old 03-17-2008, 04:56 PM

1,048 posts, read 3,986,940 times
Spending the time will really depends of what you want to do. Just to see and do little things, you can do golden then go to boulder. However, if you want to do more, then it is better to spend more time in boulder. All depends on transportation, timing, and what you want to see.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:52 PM

I'm not really into attractions. more walking around, taking in the place, and taking pictures. that's what i like doing.

Daniel

Old 03-17-2008, 06:52 PM

That's kind of what I do too. In that case a few hours in golden should be good and that is it. If you want to go for a longer hike/walk by the river than allow more time. They have nice sculptures along the river that I liked to take against the background of the mountains.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:10 PM

Thanks. I'll probably do everything within the first couple days. I was looking at the weatherchannel.com and they are showing showers for Tuesday and Wednesday the week of my trip. If it's not raining too hard, then it's not a problem. When it rains in denver, it is usually light falling?

I have a studio tour at CBS 4 for Tuesday the 25th so that should be fun. Something I've wanted to do.

Daniel

Old 03-17-2008, 08:30 PM

In Colorado weather can be unpredictable. The bad storms are generally much closer to/and in the summer. Most of the time the March ones are not as bad as the summer ones that we have. Be ready for snow, rain, and the summer.

The CBS4 Tour is great. I did that a long time ago. It is great as it is in downtown and you can walk to it (that’s what I did).

9News one is also good but I do not know if they do public tours. With 9 News I got to seat in and watch the 12 PM newscast live behind the cameras! Was very cool.

You said you will do everything first few days of the trip, then what will you do for the rest of the time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or