U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 10:20 PM

686 posts, read 3,467,992 times

Advertisements

Oooohhh!! Nice shots as well DenverAztec. I really like the yellow flowers on the way down. I also like the hotel at the end. Very historic and charming.

As for ColoWeb, you sure are right. $440 is one month's rent I will not be spending on a helicopter ride. YIKES!! I didn't know they would be that much. I will have about $400 dollars spending cash so I want to do something real nice in Denver. Do you all think 200dollars for food for a week is enough? I will be at a B&B so I really don't have to worry about breakfast. Thanks,

Daniel_T
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 10:37 PM

1,536 posts, read 5,523,086 times
Thank you, glad you like them also. Those are actually aspen trees that turned gold for the Fall.

If you budget for $10.00 a meal for lunch and dinner, you will be fine. Which B&B?

Old 12-19-2007, 10:47 PM

Elyria's B&B. It's located just north of I-70 right off of Brighton and 47th.

It's gotten great reviews and the price cannot be beat anywhere in Denver. I am looking forward to staying there. it will be a new experience. I've never stayed in a bed and breakfast before.

Daniel_T

Old 12-19-2007, 11:07 PM

1,048 posts, read 3,988,042 times
Food budget really depends on a person :P Heh. But generally, since you have breakfast, budget $10-$20/day for food. I.e. Chipotle chicken burrito for $6 afternoon / early evening fills me up till next morning.

As for Elyria's B&B, I get off I-70/Brighton when going to downtown but have not seen it. South of I-70, along Brighton is more of an industrial area before downtown.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:20 PM

It is very industrial. that is okay. it's only a 15 minute bus ride downtown so that's not bad. Hey, and it's only $60 per night!! What a deal. I was originally going to stay at the Hyatt Regency Denver Convention center but I had to rebudget. I am mad I couldn't stay there but I guess next time. How industrial of an area are we talking? I've heard it's fairly safe but what is your opinion?

Daniel_T

Old 12-19-2007, 11:40 PM

Since you already booked the location, I guess there is no need to scare you about it now. Just kidding Sorry.

Honestly I do not know much about the area. North of I-70, it is a mix of Housing and Industrial area (Brighton is kind of a divider). South of I-70 it is mostly industrial (And Denver Coliseum is there denvercoliseum.com ) until Brighton turns into Broadway. While it is not bad, it may not be a place to be walking alone at night. That’s my take on it but again I just drive by it sometimes during the day.

One of the busses that gets off I-70/Brighton is the Route 44. It is fine and I have used it for several years but this buss makes a stop earlier at a jail for work release individuals (minor criminals who have to spend night at the jail). So if this is the bus that you use and you find some of them on this bus (generally peak hours as they go to work or return at night) that maybe not the best place to make friends.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:26 AM

1,536 posts, read 5,523,086 times
I believe that would be Commerce City area? Let the B&B know that you don't have a car and ask about transportation to and from the airport and to downtown. Cab rides are very expensive from DIA to the city core. If you have not already paid or if you can get a refund, there are closer areas to downtown with more bus routes. If you can't get closer, ColoWeb does give good advice and avoid trying to make friends in that area. As I DM'd you, if I am in town that week I would be happy to show you downtown one of those days.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:01 AM

Thanks. I am going to be taking the RTD Skyride to and from the airport to downtown. The B&B owner agreed to pick me up at the stop downtown and take me to the house. They also provide free car service in the morning to the downtown area. I would just have to take the bus back in the evening. Sounds fine to me. And don't worry, I won't be sticking around that area. I think it will be a good experience, because I will get to see Denver away from some of the nice photos. Get an overall view (sort of) of Denver.
Daniel_T

Old 12-20-2007, 11:52 AM

Sounds like a good deal and yes, it is good that you can see Denver and the "not so great" areas.

I'd offer a Denver tour like DenverAztec, but I am not sure where I'd be and my schedule. Perhaps once we are closer to that date you can contact me.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:15 PM

Sounds great. I would appreciate that very much. I will DM you as the trip approaches. Thanks again.

Daniel_T
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or