U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 10:59 PM

686 posts, read 3,466,854 times

Advertisements

Well, My B&B fell through, so I had to book a more expensive option. I will be staying at the Hyatt Regency downtown. Price went from 360 for the b&b to over $1000 for the Hyatt. The only thing I hate about Denver is the lack of clean, affordable motels in the downtown area. All have gotten bad reviews.
That's okay. I wanted to stay at the Hyatt anyway. Anyone stayed there?

daniel_T
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 11:03 PM

1,048 posts, read 3,986,688 times
I thought you already had the B&B booked? What happened?
As for Hyatt, that is very expensive!!!!!!!

Since I live here I do not know much about hotels, but I am sure there are many good ones not too far from downtown. Perhaps maybe father a way but near a light rail/bus route.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:14 PM

The reservation was lost and someone else booked the room. that's okay. I don't really want to do the hyatt because it costs so much money. I am looking at the Melbourne Hostel. Supposedly it's in a rough part of downtown. 607 22nd Street
Denver, CO 80205. have you heard of that?

Old 12-30-2007, 11:29 PM

80205 is big and yeah that area (not too far from the B&B) is not great. I would not stay there. Hopefully others have more info and knowladge of hotels in Denver.

As I mentioned, I'd find a hotel in a nice area that has light rail or bus route. I Looked at few at hotels.com and found $50-70 hotels in nice areas. That is nowhere near $1000.
Found one "Hotel Denver Tech Center" for $52.50/night for the time frame you said you will be here in the original post. it is "One block from RTD Light Rail Station." See: http://www.hotels.com/property.do?CO...=2008&CIDay=22

So check hotels.com Sort hotels by price and call these $50-70 hotels and ask if they have bus/light rail station near them.

The farther you go, the price for the lightrail/bus is getting expensive but still great savings over a hotel right downtown. Plus, I think you will enjoy seeing the city from lightrail or bus as well.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:34 PM

Thanks coloweb. I will look into that. I was shying away from the tech center and such because I thought it would be too far from downtown Denver. I will see though. Thanks again

Old 12-30-2007, 11:42 PM

Here is another one "Crossland Denver-Cherry Creek" for $55/night. It is on Leetsdale where I know you can catch bus 83 and 83L (used it daily for a few years) that goes right to Downtown (Civic Center Station). http://www.hotels.com/property.do?CO...=2008&CIDay=22

Old 12-30-2007, 11:48 PM

Thanks. I looked it up and it's got great rates, but it hasen't gotten very good reviews. I won't be in my room very often, so should I really be concerned about dirtiness?

Old 12-31-2007, 12:00 AM

Over the area of B&B and the 80205, this one would be great IMO. I drove by that hotel few times (if that is the one I am thinking of) and most of the time they have a good number of people there. Leetsdale is a nice area. And Crossland is not a bad chain as far as I know. Again, I'd pick it over the B&B or 80205 area. But that is me and each person has their own standard and preferance (I am just fine with Motel 6 or Super 8 while I know others who pay much more but stay somewhere else).

It is not too far form Super Target if you need anything (since the rooms there have "Kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, and stovetop"). As one who travels a lot in the summers, I think it is a great deal.

As mentioned, I do not know much about hotels in Denver as I never needed one (Which is a good think heh ) but others may be able to give more info or provide other ones that they know of.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:03 AM

Thanks very much. I appreciate your help very much. maybe I'll call the CVB tomorrow. last time I called and told them some hotels have 21+ check in, they seemed confused. I didn't know that either until I started looking around awhile back. that severly limits my choices.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR..._Colorado.html

here are the reviews for the Crossland Cherry Creek. I read them and am shying away from this one. Sounds to bad to stay there.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:19 AM

You are very welcome, I am glad to help. You are right about the 21+ thing. Check ahead of time to make sure that is fine. I had such an issue when I visited San Diego and was not able to check in to my reserved room.

As for reviews, maybe you are right. I honestly do not know. Search and see what you find and lets see if others can comment and help you out too.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or