U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2008, 05:20 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,352,990 times

Advertisements

[mod cut]
"I'm not buying what your selling". What does that mean. I was 25 right out college and decided to move out to Denver from Philly and check out what Denver was like.

If you notice. I mentioned that I LIKED LIVING IN CAPITOL HILL.

[mod cut] I went to Denver for a interview for a day and stayed a night. They gave me the job after I left Denver and went back to Philly, and I didn't have the money or the time to fly out again to look for places. My interview was paid for by the company that hired me. YOu seriously are insulting for some reason. I don't know what the deal is. Some people like myself took chances once in a while.

I just didn't like my area in Glendale. Why are my opinions so offending to you? Why was my choice at 25 to move across the country from Philly **** you off so badly. You seem to have some anger management issues that need delt with badly. I see a lot of threads about people wanting to just move 1400 miles away all of a sudden and find a place without even being there. People do it all the time. But people like that must really get under your skin.

Take a few deep breaths, calm down, and relax before you start attacking and insulting people.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 11-26-2008 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: what your are referring to has been deleted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 07:48 AM

5,127 posts, read 10,241,093 times
Ok, folks, this is your friendly mod...please be nice to eachother!

forum rules, please read them

Old 11-26-2008, 09:00 AM

3,530 posts, read 8,720,793 times
Really, you think so? I don't think so. I mean, the people in Cherry Creek N. seem to want to be/act/feel like they are on the Calif. coast, but so aren't. It's hard to explain. It's like they really really want to be that way but aren't.

You know how in the beach areas everyone is sulking around, wearing flip flops, just kind of hanging? I don't see that in Cherry Creek. What I see is more like a wannabe Rodeo Drive, with everyone trying to look and do better car-wise than everyone else. Does this make sense?

p.s. - thanks mod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Yeah, I agree Cherry Creek N. does have a coastal vibe, for some reason. Kind of like all the little shops in Laguna.

Last edited by DenverLawGal; 11-26-2008 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: wanted to explain more

Old 11-26-2008, 11:00 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,008,600 times
Actually wantt I live in Cherry Creek North,and I have lived there on and off since 1995....That neighborhood has become so much like Newport Beach South in recent
years....Not only twice as expensive as Boulder at 1.4 million housing average, the price per square foot in both commercial and the new high end residential stuff is the
highest per square foot outside Aspen,Vail...The laid back,funky atmosphere that once
existed in CCN. feels more like Newport beach South or starting to feel like Apen where many of my neighbors are now coming from.... When I said Boulder feels like the
Newport Beach Peninsula, I mean it feels like that college aged sect along Sea Shore Drive....The rest of Newport Beach or New Porsche Beach is infamous for snobbery..
Cherry Creek is becoming a very rude place at times; still I find the locals that have been there a while to be very cool.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:24 AM

3,849 posts, read 6,754,406 times
"scott" - I agree, sometimes I can feel a slight "chill" when I go to Cherry Creek area to shop or eat, but for the most part, the places I go are prety laid back and I have a good time, maybe they are mostly locals?
there are neighborhoods in Boston that could put the "snobbiness" of CC and CCN to shame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Actually wantt I live in Cherry Creek North,and I have lived there on and off since 1995....That neighborhood has become so much like Newport Beach South in recent
years....Not only twice as expensive as Boulder at 1.4 million housing average, the price per square foot in both commercial and the new high end residential stuff is the
highest per square foot outside Aspen,Vail...The laid back,funky atmosphere that once
existed in CCN. feels more like Newport beach South or starting to feel like Apen where many of my neighbors are now coming from.... When I said Boulder feels like the
Newport Beach Peninsula, I mean it feels like that college aged sect along Sea Shore Drive....The rest of Newport Beach or New Porsche Beach is infamous for snobbery..
Cherry Creek is becoming a very rude place at times; still I find the locals that have been there a while to be very cool.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:38 AM

5,608 posts, read 20,670,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
Really, you think so? I don't think so. I mean, the people in Cherry Creek N. seem to want to be/act/feel like they are on the Calif. coast, but so aren't. It's hard to explain. It's like they really really want to be that way but aren't.

You know how in the beach areas everyone is sulking around, wearing flip flops, just kind of hanging? I don't see that in Cherry Creek. What I see is more like a wannabe Rodeo Drive, with everyone trying to look and do better car-wise than everyone else. Does this make sense?

p.s. - thanks mod!
It's not a beach town feel, and it certainly isn't like a "Rodeo Dr." However, Cherry Creek North actually does remind me a lot of La Jolla Village in San Diego. But then again I'm sure you can find upscale boutique shopping districts like that all over the country.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:38 AM

I don't know, I never really felt the laid back, funky atmosphere I felt in areas like Balboa or Huntington. Sure, the money is the same, and the housing oh yeah. But the people seem vastly different to me.

Now Newport and Boulder, I'll give you that one. I do think that the coastal life differs vastly though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post

Old 11-26-2008, 11:40 AM

I guess the beach town feel was what I thought of when I saw people here comparing CC to the beach towns they named, Newport, Laguna, etc. I don't remember La Jolla Village. The upscale thing, yeah, it's everywhere. I'm thinking more of the attitude at Rodeo that people seem to be mimicking in CC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
It's not a beach town feel, and it certainly isn't like a "Rodeo Dr." However, Cherry Creek North actually does remind me a lot of La Jolla Village in San Diego. But then again I'm sure you can find upscale boutique shopping districts like that all over the country.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:05 PM

3,849 posts, read 6,754,406 times
I've lived in La Jolla when I worked in SD, it is kind of similar to CCN, without the water! ha!, but you're right there are many "pockets" of upscale areas everywhere.
p.s.- did you go to the "Brockton Villa" restaurant?? awesome "Coast Toast" for breakfast!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post

Old 11-26-2008, 12:30 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,008,600 times
Ya, Balboa is laid back--used to hit the Kine Burger,Charlie's Chili,Muttsy off the 15th street Pier..Bought my first surboard at Jack's...I lived on 45 Sea shore for about a year....Seemed like half the neighborhood had an old couch on the front porch, and
an old topless jeep...More skate boards and bikes than cars down there.....Very Boulder like...That part of Balboa seemed like one big HILL in Boulder...Waves,girls,and
beer in those days....It's still the same, I just got too old to be hip..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or