U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 03:32 PM

9,224 posts, read 15,901,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I am originally from the east coast and I totally agree. It was a huge shock when I first moved to Colorado.
My wife is from Miami and she let's people in CA/CO know about it.

If you flake on her, expect to be cut off immediately. You'll never be invited again. Harsh IMO LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 03:37 PM

12,253 posts, read 8,038,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
My wife is from Miami and she let's people in CA/CO know about it.

If you flake on her, expect to be cut off immediately. You'll never be invited again. Harsh IMO LOL!
That is harsh. I would give them 2 or 3 chances before they are out of the inner circle.

I don't like flakes either and if I say I am showing up I will be there.

Old 08-04-2014, 03:40 PM

9,224 posts, read 15,901,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
That is harsh. I would give them 2 or 3 chances before they are out of the inner circle.

I don't like flakes either and if I say I am showing up I will be there.
It's way too harsh, but that is why she is importing friends...

Last edited by Mach50; 08-04-2014 at 03:50 PM..

Old 08-04-2014, 03:51 PM

12,253 posts, read 8,038,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
It's way too harsh, but that is why she is importing friends... She is up in Breck this week with 7 Floridians and New Yorkers with just 1 Coloradan ...
Oh no, that poor native.

To the OP, I have not had any problems with meeting people here. Coming from Southern California I do find drivers to be aggressive out here but I think that has a lot to do with the melting pot the state has become and the lack of infrastructure.

I do enjoy the weather.

When it comes to health and fitness the Denver Metro area is one of the tops in the nation.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:07 PM

13,227 posts, read 24,320,982 times
Can't answer the what's it like question. It is subjective.

Speed limits are mostly ignored, but not like CA'ians and TXans ignore them. We lose our collective mind during the first snows.

I wish the people were more obnoxious.

I don't eat Asian food. Plenty of American/Mexican/pizza choices.

You'll have to look for the Asian women, they aren't easy to find like in SEA or PDX, and are mostly clustered in a few areas.

Snatch up the Hispanic women when they're young, otherwise you'll be out of luck.

I don't think living here is stressful at all.

There are gyms. Some 24 hour ones.

Organic stuff is easily found where there are yuppies or liberals with money to spend (lots of areas like this around here).

If you find Seattle boring, you will find every other American city with the exceptions of NYC, LA, and Chicago even more boring.

If you like rain, you will love May.

What do you mean by "have fun and fool around"?

It's all perception and attitude. If you want to like it here, then there's a good chance you will. You won't know until you are here for awhile and are faced with the prospect of moving again. If you are in tears when you leave, you will know that you liked it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or