U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 02:02 AM

3 posts, read 5,893 times

Advertisements

Level 3 Communications is always hiring and laying off. They are giving RIFs again.
THey don't know what they are doing. All of the managers and executives have been turned over in the last 3 years.

Now they are so worried about their stock prices falling they are laying off again to curb losses. If they have too much losses the next quarter their stock prices will fall through the floor. To prevent losses they are laying off and have stopped the integration of the companies they bought. Level 3 bought 6 companies and now they don't have the money to integrate them as planned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 03:09 PM

3 posts, read 5,893 times
Default Level 3 Communications - Financial Crisis

How bad is the Financial Crisis at Level 3 Communications?

I understand their debt is too large for them to have the money to integrate the companies they purchased.

Now with the banking crisis will Level 3 Communications be able to survive?

Are more RIF s going to be given out Christmas Eve again?

I don't know if it is worth the risk to accept a position there.

Old 09-16-2008, 03:27 PM

3,530 posts, read 8,720,793 times
I thought Level 3 was done a long time ago. A few years ago they took a major tumble and laid off just about everyone. Maybe they came back.

I wouldn't hold my breath on RIF's.

IT jobs can be risky these days. My DH is in IT. He used to be govt. contract, but hated that. He's in private now and likes that much better. You could always take the job and then keep looking. Better to work than not.

Old 09-16-2008, 03:28 PM

1,176 posts, read 4,035,149 times
Level3 has been in a state of crisis for years. They frequently go through layoffs and the political atmosphere is one of empires and stupidity.

Much of this can in my view be attributed to the low wages they pay, both in terms of FTE's and consultants (rare exceptions, you can get 70 percent as much as you would elsewhere as a consultant ... sometimes). As such you have an atomsphere of people who are either not experienced, motivated or just plain smart enough to work anywhere else, and those who exceed the above criteria are working just hard enough to get a paycheck while trying to find employment elsewhere.

I have done work for them as a consultant on multiple occassions over the years (I've rebuilt an almost identical system three times despite stating as much at the outset) and they rank as the worst place I have ever had the misfortune to experience.

Old 09-16-2008, 03:30 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,658,704 times
I have friends who used to work there & said it was like a 'frat boy' club...with arrogance, stupidity, entitlement, etc. They got out when they knew the ship was taking on water, and neither of them ever had much good to say about working there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or