Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 03:24 PM

862 posts, read 1,642,960 times

Advertisements

We visited Pinehurst Animal Center and Mantayo Kennels today and decided to go with the latter. The facilities just seemed better managed. Mantayo Kennels & Dog School
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 04:19 PM

52 posts, read 81,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
We visited Pinehurst Animal Center and Mantayo Kennels today and decided to go with the latter. The facilities just seemed better managed. Mantayo Kennels & Dog School
Thanks for the update. Do the dogs have an open area where they are out all day together or are they each in their own run all day?

Old 08-20-2014, 08:34 PM

In both places they are in their own runs. At night they shut the door and they are locked inside in their kennel but during the day the door is up and they can go in and out as they please. They can see other pupdogs but can't get to the. For us that is important because we have 3 Shih Tzu. And they are going to try all 3 in the same kennel/run. If that doesn't work at night they will take one and put him in his own kennel but will make sure all 3 are together during the day.

If you want one that lets them out with other pupdogs in an open area I can check my bookmarks and see what I saved. I know I found a few like that but it wasn't what we wanted with small pupdogs.

I guess before we make our final decision we are checking out one more in Arvada tomorrow because our realtor highly recommended it. Action Kennel, Arvada CO

Old 08-22-2014, 02:19 PM

403 posts, read 759,516 times
Beds~N~Biscuits in Wheat Ridge has been great for my dog. I've been using them on average for 3 weeks/year for the past few years. My dog has never gotten sick there and seems to enjoy it. I pay for them to give him a bath right before I pick him up and whatever shampoo they use, he smells great for weeks after.

My dog is about 60lbs. and I pay $27/day. They charge by the weight of your dog. They are located minutes off I-70 between the Youngfield Ave. and Ward Ave. exits.

Beds~N~Biscuits
4219 Xenon Street
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033 (303) 940-9188
Beds-n-Biscuits | Dog Boarding and Daycare | Denver, Colorado

Old 08-22-2014, 05:48 PM

UPDATE: We ended up deciding on Action Kennels in Arvada. It's closer to the house we bought and has a peaceful country feeling. Really quiet and the other two were buy loud busy roads. The inside kennels were bigger and since we are going to put all 3 Shih Tzu in the same kennel/run that was important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver