U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 10:44 PM

30 posts, read 97,488 times

Advertisements

We are not sure what happened exactly. I know he had it because I was on the phone with him when he was in the electronics department picking it up. He checked the receipt when he discovered it was missing and it was not on the receipt. He didn't notice when he was checking out as he had alot of other items. My husband is actually a great shopper (very unusual I know!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2007, 10:45 PM

10,732 posts, read 31,725,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom08 View Post
We are not sure what happened exactly. It did not get checked out by the checker. I know he had it because I was on the phone with him when he was in the electronics department picking it up. My husband is actually a great shopper (very unusual I know!).
Well at least you didn't pay for something and then loose it afterward, that would add insult to injury for sure.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Well at least you didn't pay for something and then loose it afterward, that would add insult to injury for sure.
For SURE! They aren't cheap...that might HAVE given me the heart attack vegaspilgrim was concerned about! lol

Vegaspilgrim, I AM JUST KIDDING.

Old 12-25-2007, 11:22 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,435,193 times
I know that at least at bestbuy they will move high ticket items to a register, and when you go to checkout, you need to let the cashier know that you were purchasing that item so they can charge, and find it.

Old 12-26-2007, 01:01 AM

88 posts, read 284,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
EMERGENCY? Are you kidding me? Is everybody healthy and safe? I sure hope so. Is someone having a heart attack here-- on their last dying breath? Hopefully, not, thank God. There's no emergency here!!! Some times you just need to slow down and enjoy life! Merry Christmas!
Seriously, you ream someone out and then say Merry Christmas? <sigh>

Hockeymom, I sympathize with you, and hope everything turned out OK, after your hectic time. I have a 13 year old, and I know just you felt. Happy holidays!

Old 12-26-2007, 07:01 AM

86,891 posts, read 102,319,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneevans1 View Post
put the $$$ in an envelope FOR the IP Touch and take him Wed. He'll understand.
I have a 14 year old too. He often wants things that you cant snap your finger and produce.. Hope you have a Merry Christmas, even if you cant find it.

Shane
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom08 View Post
No we weren't able to get one. The 24 hour Walgreens here in Castle Rock never closes and we were able to at least get him something. His birthday is in February so guess what he will be getting!
Just my opinion, but I think you could do the above. After all, he does not believe any more, presumably. You could even tell him what happened (or a condensed version).

Old 12-26-2007, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
After all, he does not believe any more, presumably.
No, but we have two other young sons that do believe so we still do Santa for all three. I suppose we could have explained to our two little ones that once you become a teenager Santa doesn't bring you presents anymore...and neither do mom and dad.

Old 12-26-2007, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbuffalos View Post
Hockeymom, I sympathize with you, and hope everything turned out OK, after your hectic time. I have a 13 year old, and I know just you felt. Happy holidays!
Flyingbuffalo, thank you for your kind words. I appreciate your understanding of the predicament we were in. Happy Holidays to you as well!

Old 12-26-2007, 07:24 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,435,193 times
what you can do, buy the iphone, wrap it with a note saying that santa dropped the present in his sleigh, and was able to deliver it a few days later. that should help out with the youngins

Old 12-26-2007, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
what you can do, buy the iphone, wrap it with a note saying that santa dropped the present in his sleigh, and was able to deliver it a few days later. that should help out with the youngins
Thanks for the clever idea. At this point I think it will be a birthday present for him in February. Who knows...maybe we will find it on sale!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver