Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 01:15 PM

450 posts, read 504,154 times

Advertisements

It happened to me once. My car was purchased in FL where only the rear tag is required. There was no mounting gear on the front, so when we moved to CO our additional plate was living in the garage. The ticketing officer (who looked like a boy scout) insisted that we must purchase something to mount it on and issued the ticket. OK, fine. Then we asked him for directions to the park that we were looking for. He told us to pull a u-turn and blah, blah blah. I asked him if it was legal to pull a u-turn from where we were. His reply was that "he wouldn't give us another ticket".

We still don't have a plate on the front of the car and we have been here for 13 years. (One ticket). We've been pulled over for speeding, but never another ticket for the plate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 02:32 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,240,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWEvergreen View Post
It happened to me once. My car was purchased in FL where only the rear tag is required. There was no mounting gear on the front, so when we moved to CO our additional plate was living in the garage. The ticketing officer (who looked like a boy scout) insisted that we must purchase something to mount it on and issued the ticket. OK, fine. Then we asked him for directions to the park that we were looking for. He told us to pull a u-turn and blah, blah blah. I asked him if it was legal to pull a u-turn from where we were. His reply was that "he wouldn't give us another ticket".

We still don't have a plate on the front of the car and we have been here for 13 years. (One ticket). We've been pulled over for speeding, but never another ticket for the plate.
I didn't know we could get by without a front plate. Thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: