U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2014, 11:43 AM

4 posts, read 5,806 times

Advertisements

Hi,
My husband and 2 young kids and I are relocating to Castle Rock, CO next month and, although there are lots of threads already on the topic, I was hoping to start a more current one. We've been on a few trips to look at the area and have heard great things about the Meadows neighborhood, particularly.
Of the neighborhoods there, I've heard from multiple people that Fuller Bluff is a popular one. It's walking distance to the Grange pool, is far enough back not to be in the midst of the new 'downtown shopping/dining area' they're building, but not too far back so that you spend 10 minutes just getting out of the Community. I love that the new hospital and Philip S Miller park are practically on your doorstep.
We looked at a few houses in Fuller Bluff and have just fallen in love with one with great views of the beautiful mountains on a quiet cul-de-sac. Hoping to sell our house so we can make an offer on it but wanted to ask people in the area what their thoughts are - what's castle rock really like?

Anyone have any local perspective? It seems like house prices there are rising, there's a boom of activity, and compared to the newer communities going up, it's good value for money and getting to be pretty established.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 01:12 PM

3 posts, read 4,925 times
Hi,

Ironically, I live in Fuller Bluff in the Meadows. I really like it too!
Lots of children, like you said, and really friendly neighbors. There's a good vibe here and a lot going on in the community with the parks, trails, and the Grange nearby. I'm really excited for the new rec center, new shops and new restaurants to be finished too.

From a local perspective, I agree that the Meadows is a good bet...nothing to dislike and pretty low HOA fees. People round here take care of their houses and lawns so it always looks nice when you're driving round.

ps - The houses in Fuller Bluff don't stay on the market long though so if you have seen one you like, I'd jump on it. Maybe we'll be neighbors

Old 09-09-2014, 01:33 PM

2 posts, read 3,658 times
Agreed - love the area. I don't live in the Meadows but looking at moving there from Parker later this yr just for the views and scenery;; my friends a realtor and said its going to be much more expensive to live there when constructions done next year. ALso Charles Schwab and Visa are moving 10 minutes away so its a pretty desirable location.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:32 PM

3 posts, read 4,925 times
Denverfan - what do you mean when you say its going to be "much more $ to live in the Meadows next year" - I'm assuming you're talking about housing prices continuing to rise? Cos if you're a current homeowner, it won't be more $$$

Old 09-10-2014, 01:38 PM

2 posts, read 3,658 times
Yup, sorry _ I meant that it's my view that house values there will appreciate next year given what the area will have to offer

Old 08-31-2015, 09:22 PM

2 posts, read 2,118 times
Hello MarjorieD, I see your post is from sept. 2014. Did you relocate to Castle Rock, Co? My husband and I plan to move there next summer. What do you think? Is it what you thought it would be? We are relocating form Southern California. My husband and I are very excited about the move. My kids not so excited. Anything I can tell them to get them more interested?

Old 08-31-2015, 09:40 PM

20,855 posts, read 39,095,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapcapkdp View Post
...My husband and I are very excited about the move. My kids not so excited. Anything I can tell them to get them more interested?
LOTS of snow days! Yaaaaaaaaaay!
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 09-02-2015 at 10:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or