Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 08:04 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,559,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunning3075 View Post
Yea may have to look at Colorado springs. Cheaper rent
Making your wife do that drive daily will end in a divorce rather quickly I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014, 08:22 AM

11 posts, read 9,729 times
if we decided on Colorado Springs we would both work in Colorado Springssono Drive

Old 09-19-2014, 08:58 AM

656 posts, read 1,341,345 times
You'd want to mae sure you had jobs lined up before moving to Colorado Springs. I went there without doing that, but I also had eight years in an in-demand trade under my belt, and, even then, it wasn't easy.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:00 AM

Yes we will do. We are in the planning stages right now. Getting info and finding jobs.

Old 09-20-2014, 05:54 PM

694 posts, read 1,039,707 times
Hey brother, not to bust your bubble about wanting to move to Colorado, but I trust you are debt-free (no credit cards, car loans, etc) if you income will be postured on Waffle House and a sprinkler company. Your indication as to $600 for an apartment near Thornton will not get anything more than a shady area around Federal Blvd, Pecos Street, and Washington Street. Also, the weather here does get below freezing in the winter, so I'm not sure how much sprinkler work you'll be doing in December, January and February which may affect your income.

Finally, I would be extremely cautious about letting your wife work at Waffle House. Several years ago on one of the murder cases I worked, the local Waffle House was a noted drug haven. The defendant in the case was scoring all the hooch he needed from the restaurant supplied by one of the workers. Waffle House does hire convicted felons and they are not the type who went down for white collar financial crimes. Think more along the lines of narcotics, assaults, and other hard core blue collar type crimes.

Old 09-20-2014, 06:03 PM

appreciate the concern bro we have worked at Waffle House pretty much across the nation we don't work graveyard shifts only first shift or stleast her. we honestly have decided against Denver we will be moving to Colorado Springs. and I have pretty much always held two jobs that's why I'll be working at the Waffle House also as a second job in case I don't have work in the sprinkler field. I think Colorado Springs is a lot better fit for us probably will delete this post after this thanks everybody for the information

Old 09-20-2014, 06:05 PM

and honestly the work picks up in the winter whenever the pipes breaking. Someone has to fix them lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver