Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 05:12 PM

8 posts, read 45,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post

What you REALLY need to worry about is the packs of stray dogs that control the city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keP4MBI1taY
Thanks for the reply & your help with answering the safety part. As for the stray dogs, is that meant as a joke or is this true that are lots of stray dogs around? And is that dangerous? I guess they are everywhere in most countries nowadays.

Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 10:19 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agapanthus View Post
Thanks for the reply & your help with answering the safety part. As for the stray dogs, is that meant as a joke or is this true that are lots of stray dogs around? And is that dangerous? I guess they are everywhere in most countries nowadays.

Thanks again.
There is not a stray dog problem in Englewood.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:25 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:

Thanks again.
Did you have a bad experience with dogs in your past?

Old 02-14-2015, 02:24 PM

38 posts, read 55,559 times
A large band of coyotes howling is quite a sound to hear - but the pack we heard was several hours into the mountains from Denver ;-)

Agapanthus, really the only time you need to worry about animals this much is if you go camping in the woods/mountains, with regards to the food you bring with you. You don't want to leave dirty dishes laying around after eating, and its important to store your food safely. There are metal bear-proof storage boxes at most established campsites to keep food in at night (so they aren't tempted to open your car or tent up like a can of sardines to get it out).

Old 02-14-2015, 03:38 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,120,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
There is not a stray dog problem in Englewood.
That's because they all get eaten by the mountain lions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01EseHdosDQ

Don't worry, everything will be fine once wolves fully integrate themselves into the ecosystem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO2ziXPU0ks

Sorry. I couldn't resist. I'll stop throwing gas on this fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNw-8NpBGBc

Old 02-22-2015, 01:33 PM

22 posts, read 24,708 times
Quote:
Hello everyone again,

I'm starting to plan for few more things and I recalled someone here were saying it would be recommended to avoid Alexan City Center. I was considering this place typically to rent a flat in their community, someone recommend it for me, it's just across the street where my work is. I would really like to know what everyone's opinion about this community in terms of safety & (coyote existence as well).. I see it's a community with parking & shops around (it's directly in front if Englewood City Center. The Alexan City Center website say there are security as well so I guess that means security for the residencies buildings?

The advantage of this place is that it's near Walmart, near work, near many other things around too. So for me it's a huge plus, except if this area is not safe. I also thought busy areas like these would be safe because it's busy and a lot of people around and Walmart is open till mid-night.

Plead give me your insights about that place and those ideas..

Thank you all so much
I would look at the online reviews for that place. Yikes!
Alexan City Center Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Englewood apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com
http://m.yelp.com/biz/alexan-city-center-englewood

Old 03-07-2015, 07:15 AM

694 posts, read 1,039,042 times
Need to be more worried about the coyotes with the guns and badges killing people.

Another police killing yesterday in Aurora and the brass having no comment about it.

The Denver DA clears a cop who fired into a vehicle.

More proof of the Us Against Them mentality.

Old 03-07-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDenver View Post
Need to be more worried about the coyotes with the guns and badges killing people.

Another police killing yesterday in Aurora and the brass having no comment about it.

The Denver DA clears a cop who fired into a vehicle.

More proof of the Us Against Them mentality.
This thread is about Englewood and Englewood's PD is independent and not connected to Denver or Aurora. They do not seem to suffer from the same type of issues regarding police misconduct and brutality as those larger departments. The Englewood PD, overall has a pretty positive reputation in their community among citizens.

Old 03-07-2015, 12:21 PM

694 posts, read 1,039,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
This thread is about Englewood and Englewood's PD is independent and not connected to Denver or Aurora. They do not seem to suffer from the same type of issues regarding police misconduct and brutality as those larger departments. The Englewood PD, overall has a pretty positive reputation in their community among citizens.
The thread is entitled Englewood/Denver.

Further, Ive handled many criminal cases where the arresting officer who completed the probable cause affidavit is an Englewood cop. The title should really be Science Fiction Affidavit.

I know of several Englewood cops who, if they had to, would tetify that the sun rises in the West and sets in the East.

Last edited by JohnnyDenver; 03-07-2015 at 12:21 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 03-07-2015, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDenver View Post
The thread is entitled Englewood/Denver.

Further, Ive handled many criminal cases where the arresting officer who completed the probable cause affidavit is an Englewood cop. The title should really be Science Fiction Affidavit.

I know of several Englewood cops who, if they had to, would tetify that the sun rises in the West and sets in the East.
Yes, it's true that "Denver" is contained in the title of this thread. However, the op has stated that they are moving to Englewood and were asking about crime and coyotes in the city center area because that is where they will live and work. I don't really understand how the response about the Denver and Aurora cops being corrupt relates to the thread. Maybe I missed something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver