U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 12:04 PM

2,455 posts, read 2,599,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Englewood is mostly safe. I'm attaching a link to the City of Englewood website which has a link to a crime map. City of Englewood, Colorado : Crime Mapping This should give you an idea of the areas that tend to have more crime then others.

Coyotes are a problem if you have small pets but it's extremely unlikely that you would be attacked by one. I've seen a couple outside and they were quick to run away as soon as they saw me.
For some reason, this map takes you to crime in San Francisco.

Anyway, don't worry about wildlife unless squirrels and pigeons are a concern.

I know people who have lived in Englewood (including the southeast area) for years with no incidents. Every town has their share of miscreants, druggies, and the like, and certain places they hang out. This week's crime report includes a violent shoplifter at Walmart, a transient trespassing at the City Center, and a vandalism. Though I don't live in Englewood I'm there often, attending their free concerts at the City Center light rail station, shopping at their WalMart, and other activities. I feel perfectly safe doing these things. I don't roam their streets at night as I'm usually dozing in front of the TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2014, 12:17 PM

9,557 posts, read 5,737,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Roses View Post
For some reason, this map takes you to crime in San Francisco.
If you type Englewood, CO into the location on the crime map you will get the Englewood, CO crime map.

Old 09-28-2014, 04:59 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,522,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrchidFlower View Post
Thank you everyone who answered me...

Excuse my too many questions, I would like to again ask about something I found on the internet about crime rate in Englewood...Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowedin this website it's written that "With a crime rate of 59 per one thousand residents, Englewood has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 17." ... so I see almost everyone here and on other websites say that Englewood is quite safe, so how true is this para in this info on that website? The info on that website did worry me a lot!
59/1000 = (property and violent combined); broken down it is 57/1000 = property crime, 2/1000 =violent crime. IMO, I have nothing to back this up other than common sense, this just means that Englewood reports property crime at a much higher rate than the typical reporting community. (hypothetical) in Englewood someone driving off without paying for gas would be reported as a property crime, in Brooklyn NY someone driving off without paying for gas would be considered a civil matter and no reported as a property crime

Last edited by Yac; 10-09-2014 at 07:15 AM..

Old 02-10-2015, 09:42 AM

8 posts, read 32,413 times
Hello everyone again,

I'm starting to plan for few more things and I recalled someone here were saying it would be recommended to avoid Alexan City Center. I was considering this place typically to rent a flat in their community, someone recommend it for me, it's just across the street where my work is. I would really like to know what everyone's opinion about this community in terms of safety & (coyote existence as well).. I see it's a community with parking & shops around (it's directly in front if Englewood City Center. The Alexan City Center website say there are security as well so I guess that means security for the residencies buildings?

The advantage of this place is that it's near Walmart, near work, near many other things around too. So for me it's a huge plus, except if this area is not safe. I also thought busy areas like these would be safe because it's busy and a lot of people around and Walmart is open till mid-night.

Plead give me your insights about that place and those ideas..

Thank you all so much

Old 02-10-2015, 10:29 AM

6,885 posts, read 6,460,372 times
Seriously stop worrying about wildlife. It's not an issue.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:52 AM

13,916 posts, read 20,103,660 times
Default are you sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Oh?

Old 02-10-2015, 10:54 AM

3,111 posts, read 4,867,446 times
Safe is relative.

Most of the Denver is very very safe.

The rest of Denver is very safe to pretty safe.

There are probably coyotes in that area. It is near the South Platte River and Little Dry Creek runs under and near the property. The only threat they pose would be to pets who are left outside all night or pets that are "lost." However, it is much more likely the pet would get hit by a car on Hampden or Santa Fe.

What you REALLY need to worry about is the packs of stray dogs that control the city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keP4MBI1taY

Old 02-10-2015, 10:55 AM

8 posts, read 32,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Ok thanks. So what about the safety in that place and the rest of the thoughts about it (skipping away the wildlife issue as you say)... any thoughts? Thanks again.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:58 AM

14,920 posts, read 11,103,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agapanthus View Post
Ok thanks. So what about the safety in that place and the rest of the thoughts about it (skipping away the wildlife issue as you say)... any thoughts? Thanks again.
I have 2 friends who live in that building. Neither has ever offered me a word of complaint.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:43 PM

9,557 posts, read 5,737,486 times
That area concerns me more then most other parts of Englewood but I wouldn't consider it to be unsafe. The concerns have to do with more homeless people in that particular area due to the proximity to light rail, the ART shuttle (free shuttle), Café 180 (Pay what you want cafe on Broadway) and a homeless day center in the area. The things that I have seen in that area are people on drugs or drunk in the middle of the day or just grown men loitering acting more like teenagers then grown ups. They don't make up the majority by any means and no one has ever bothered me. I just find it annoying more then anything else. Nothing serious. You may want to check out the crime map. I would never hesitate to walk through that area or visit any stores during the day. At night, I'd be more cautious regarding walking around but I wouldn't hesitate to stop in a store or the library, etc.

RAIDS Online: Regional Analysis and Information Sharing Type in the zip code, 80110 and then you can select the crime you'd like to see, the dates and then zoom in on the area (Inca to Broadway, Floyd to Hampden) The most serious crime that will show up on the map is a sexual assault that looks like it took place at Walmart. It didn't. They offset sex assaults and don't show the true address due to privacy. This assault happened at a teenage party at a house nearby, not at Walmart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or