U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-30-2007, 05:10 PM

1,517 posts, read 3,932,803 times
Since you left me off of the list, I guess I will just have to take home the Oscar at the Academy Awards for Best Supporting Actor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Now wait a minute... don't leave the rest of us out of this gig... we all need to get into the act... Can't you just see it now!...

And the Golden Globe for best location catering goes to...drum roll... http://bestsmileys.com/music1/13.gif (broken link) LiveContent

And the Golden Globe for best photo editing goes to...drum roll... http://bestsmileys.com/music1/13.gif (broken link) Charles

And the Golden Globe for transportation captain goes to...drum roll... http://bestsmileys.com/music1/13.gif (broken link) Mike from back east

And the Golden Globe for best musical score goes to...drum roll... http://bestsmileys.com/music1/13.gif (broken link) MobyLL

And the Golden Globe for best screenplay goes to... drum roll... http://bestsmileys.com/music1/13.gif (broken link) JazzLover

Additional Screen Credits:
* On-site EMT services provided by PittNurse & Associates
* Real property coordination by 2BinDenver, Tfox, Sunsprit, Merrill Lynch Pierce Fenner, oh what the hell
* Publicity by FlyingBuffaloes (motto: Let us fling your bull....)
* Weather Special Effects provided by LoveBoating
* Stunts Perfomed by: VegasPilgrim, Ditto, Hello-World, Sberdrow
* Camera Operators provided by Averie-Jay

Now, all I wanna know is where are MY groupie girls....
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 05:35 PM

272 posts, read 1,014,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverAztec View Post
Since Denver isn't Hollywood and I have always wanted to act, can you put in a word for me with Oliver? I would like to at least play the pesty midget who tormented you during your life journey!
Sorry man, that role has already been given to Prince... portraying himself of course.

The one role that is still open is the insightful individual who recognizes me for my good deeds and overall brilliance and therefore awards me with a 10 Million dollar (US i might add) lifetime achievement award. Since this is a documentary, this needs to happen in real life for the film to be finished.

All are encouraged to apply for this role... the audition is simple, send $100 cash to me... feel free to PM me for the address. Apply early and often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Now, all I wanna know is where are MY groupie girls....
Yes, well now we get to the real fundamental question facing us as sentient beings. I ask myself the same thing daily. Sounds like a discussion worthy of it's own thread.

Old 12-30-2007, 06:08 PM

16,921 posts, read 22,648,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverAztec View Post
Since you left me off of the list, I guess I will just have to take home the Oscar at the Academy Awards for Best Supporting Actor!
You already had the role of the manic midget....we can suppose you're a lock for best Short Subject!

Old 02-05-2008, 07:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,810 times
Talking Young people?

I've lived in Denver all my life and I'm not sure what you mean by young people to me there r a tremendous amount of older people.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:48 AM

2 posts, read 3,215 times
lcfc rule for life

Old 10-24-2008, 02:49 AM

2 posts, read 3,215 times
Smile lcfc are top of leauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty fryatt View Post
lcfc rule for life
we are the best

Old 10-24-2008, 08:25 AM

9 posts, read 25,652 times
I'm in my early 20s and hope to be moving from Chicago to Denver within the year. I grew up in Kansas City and moved to Chicago about 6 years ago. Now, I desire a city that is something in between the size of KC and Chicago. Also, the weather in Chicago all together sucks from October to May and while some in Colorado might complain about the cold and snow... just think, you can actually enjoy it at times. Here in Chicago, it serves no purpose. We can't go skiing... shoot, we can't even go sledding - there are no hills! It is just miserable.

Colorado seems to offer quite a bit in terms of being active, like sports leagues, skiing, hiking, etc. I think this is attractive to young people. Another benefit is that while the cost of living in Denver is a bit higher than other places in the U.S., it is no where near the cost of living in other major metropolitan areas such as NYC, LA, San Francisco, and Chicago.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:25 AM

2 posts, read 1,434 times
Default Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Don't know what attracts young people to the Denver area, but will say this:
After living in So Calif for a number of years, I WOULDN'T pick Denver to live in if I had a college degree and single. When we lived in the Denver metro area, a number of young adults told us that Denver was fairly boring to them. Even though the cost-of-living is high, lots of people and traffic, So Calif is a "hotbed" of activity, the mountains are close enough for skiing and the salaries for jobs is very nice. We now live in the Charlotte, NC area and I feel the same thing about Charlotte......if I was young, college degreed and single I WOULDN'T live here either.....BORING. Even Florida is better than Denver or Charlotte for a young adult. People who are young, have money, good looks and single should live in the "action" cities of the U.S.

Really? if you have money, good looks, and single? It seems to me that you're not happy anywhere you live. Next you're going to say that Florida sucks.. Denver is so far, a great place to live. The market is great, the people are very friendly and the pets to me, is a great addition to the city..

Old 09-18-2012, 11:30 AM

291 posts, read 228,930 times
Holy Resurrected Thread, Batman!

Old 09-20-2012, 10:28 PM

1,083 posts, read 657,709 times
Sure: Denver is not an 'it' city like only Chicago, New York, L.A., Atlanta and San Francisco are, but what other city is besides those four? Denver can hang just as well with the likes of Austin, Dallas, Seattle, St. Louis, Boston, Madison, Cleveland, Pittsburg, or dozens of other mid-American cities.

I'll also point out that it is very difficult to live as a working class person in L.A. Or New York. In those cities, the people having fun are the very rich and the very poor. Try being working class and you'll want to shoot yourself. Smaller 'non-premier' cities are far easier to live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver