Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 07:28 PM

8,938 posts, read 20,360,557 times

Advertisements

I still stick to my opinion: if I was in my 20's and single, Denver, Charlotte (where at now) would not be a choice of where to live. I wasn't the "party" type when I was in my 20's living in "hot" So Calif., but I still feel there is much more to do there or in some other cities than in Denver or Charlotte. Partying during the summer months in Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, Redondo Beach or Marina Del Rey is very, very HOT. I wasn't into snow skiing, going to a Theater for a Play or even going to the Sunset Strip....but I sure could find some totally fun places to go and have a great time in summer and winter.
Of course, back when I was in my 20's, more people were much more behaved than today when they "partied". There was NO "girls gone wild" then. The ladies back then weren't into going "wild", they were just into "having fun".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2007, 09:18 PM

1,536 posts, read 6,087,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
I still stick to my opinion: if I was in my 20's and single, Denver, Charlotte (where at now) would not be a choice of where to live. I wasn't the "party" type when I was in my 20's living in "hot" So Calif., but I still feel there is much more to do there or in some other cities than in Denver or Charlotte. Partying during the summer months in Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, Redondo Beach or Marina Del Rey is very, very HOT. I wasn't into snow skiing, going to a Theater for a Play or even going to the Sunset Strip....but I sure could find some totally fun places to go and have a great time in summer and winter.
Of course, back when I was in my 20's, more people were much more behaved than today when they "partied". There was NO "girls gone wild" then. The ladies back then weren't into going "wild", they were just into "having fun".
Partying at the beach, what else is done there that cannot be done here? The OP only said young people, not teens, not someone in their 20s that is single with a college degree? Nor did the OP ever give evidence of a large amount of youth relocating here. I have 17 neices and nephews (good practicing Catholics), all natives, half in college, all well traveled from Japan to Paris to Africa, and all have decided to stay and live in Denver. Never once have I heard the word board from them as they describe Denver. All have found fun in their teens and now as professional adults relocating from the burbs to Denver. They want to be close to the excitement of the clubs, and there are many in SoCo and LoDo and the sports venues. They constantly ask me to join them at Water World or snow boarding. I am very proud of who each of them has become and I really don't know what their reasons are for selecting Denver over any other city because I have never asked them. I just might do that and report back, but I know that I am never board when I hang out with them and envy them for all that they have at their fingertips that I did not. We don't have a beach or a large body of water but we don't have to worry about the problems of very large cities either. This is only what I know from living here with younglings!

Old 12-29-2007, 09:21 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
They were wild. There's a key to every lock.

http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/Music/9511/beatles/hysteria.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by Mike from back east; 12-30-2007 at 09:17 AM..

Old 12-29-2007, 10:02 PM

258 posts, read 1,504,835 times
MobyLL...................you can't be serious. You think that Coors commercials brainwash people into moving to Denver. I've seen that commercial and I must say it didn't make me want to move to Denver. It seems like everyday I'm reading lists or data that show more and more young people moving to Denver or that its a great place for young people:

http://www.employmentspot.com/employ...professionals/

http://cityguides.msn.com/citylife/a...mentid=4960146

http://www.kiplinger.com/magazine/ar...6/singles.html

So it basically comes down to Denver is a reasonably priced city that offers many big city amenities with great access to the outdoors. What more can a young person want

Last edited by SiddharthaGautama; 12-29-2007 at 10:22 PM..

Old 12-29-2007, 10:31 PM

53 posts, read 175,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california??? View Post
MobyLL...................you can't be serious. You think that Coors commercials brainwash people into moving to Denver.

I'm moving to Denver because of the Coors commercials...

Old 12-30-2007, 08:33 AM

275 posts, read 1,471,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california??? View Post
MobyLL...................you can't be serious. You think that Coors commercials brainwash people into moving to Denver.
My point was basically that Denver is a tabula rasa in terms of a national image on the city level... what image Denver does have comes from the Rocky Mtns. The Rocky Mountains are probably seen more often in those Coors commercials than anywhere else; therefore those commercials form a positive background image (mountains, clean air/water, blue skies) upon which a given person's friends/relatives paint their own impressions after a ski trip, business trip, etc. I think, especially for people in their 20's, that what their friends have to say about a place is much more influential than lists or polls.

Plus, you have received a lot of informed, well thought out responses to your question from many people -- dullnboring, denveraztec, mike from back east, and several others -- perhaps showing some appreciation of their time and effort in trying to answer your question would be appropriate. No?

BTW, Charles -- glad you caught my act back in the day

Last edited by Mike from back east; 12-30-2007 at 11:41 AM..

Old 12-30-2007, 09:56 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobyLL View Post

BTW, Charles -- glad you caught my act back in the day
You were in Black Flag from Huntington Beach, not the Vatican Commandos from Darien?

Old 12-30-2007, 10:38 AM

275 posts, read 1,471,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
You were in Black Flag from Huntington Beach, not the Vatican Commandos from Darien?
Well, I happen to be a founding member of both -- a fact conveniently covered up by people jealous of my success. Oliver Stone is working on a documentary on this aspect of my life...

Old 12-30-2007, 01:12 PM

1,536 posts, read 6,087,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobyLL View Post
Well, I happen to be a founding member of both -- a fact conveniently covered up by people jealous of my success. Oliver Stone is working on a documentary on this aspect of my life...
Since Denver isn't Hollywood and I have always wanted to act, can you put in a word for me with Oliver? I would like to at least play the pesty midget who tormented you during your life journey!

Old 12-30-2007, 02:55 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverAztec View Post
Since Denver isn't Hollywood and I have always wanted to act, can you put in a word for me with Oliver? I would like to at least play the pesty midget who tormented you during your life journey!
Now wait a minute... don't leave the rest of us out of this gig... we all need to get into the act... Can't you just see it now!...

And the Golden Globe for best location catering goes to...drum roll... http://bestsmileys.com/music1/13.gif (broken link) LiveContent

And the Golden Globe for best photo editing goes to...drum roll... http://bestsmileys.com/music1/13.gif (broken link) Charles

And the Golden Globe for transportation captain goes to...drum roll... http://bestsmileys.com/music1/13.gif (broken link) Mike from back east

And the Golden Globe for best musical score goes to...drum roll... http://bestsmileys.com/music1/13.gif (broken link) MobyLL

And the Golden Globe for best screenplay goes to... drum roll... http://bestsmileys.com/music1/13.gif (broken link) JazzLover

Additional Screen Credits:
* On-site EMT services provided by PittNurse & Associates
* Real property coordination by 2BinDenver, Tfox, Sunsprit, Merrill Lynch Pierce Fenner, oh what the hell
* Publicity by FlyingBuffaloes (motto: Let us fling your bull....)
* Weather Special Effects provided by LoveBoating
* Stunts Perfomed by: VegasPilgrim, Ditto, Hello-World, Sberdrow
* Camera Operators provided by Averie-Jay

Now, all I wanna know is where are MY groupie girls....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver