U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 03:48 PM

1,149 posts, read 980,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co_guy_94 View Post
Others are willing to pay the premium to live here and it's worth it to them, hence the prices.
Yep, I just love the mountain view in the West and uphills and downhills all over the town.

I lived in Dallas for 10 years and man it's flat and flat and flat and flat... for hours. Hardly any outdoor activity.
Sad thing is I may have to go back to Dallas in the future for some unfinished business at least for few years.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:26 PM

30 posts, read 37,023 times
I have only smelled it a couple of times in the past 2 years myself. Literally 2 times that I can think of. How often do I smell cigarette smoke on the breeze? Almost every day. I think the problem is overstated by people who are sensitive to it.

As for Florida, I lived there for over 10 years and smelled "it" frequently. Florida is a big party state. It is also a big drug trafficking state (for obvious reasons, the ports of entry). Don't forget its proximity to Jamaica. On the other hand, Colorado is very close to several other states that are much more open about cannabis use. California, Oregon, and don't forget Washington has legalized it too. This would make it less likely that people would be moving here for that one reason.

The truth is, Colorado has a very strong economy - and plenty of jobs. It is the only big city for hundreds of miles, so naturally a lot of people will want to move here from the surrounding area. There are just too many perks about this place to list - one of which being the climate. But, it's not for everyone...

Old 10-21-2014, 05:53 PM

9,223 posts, read 15,877,726 times
I smell weed every single day where I live Congress Park, but it honestly doesn't bother me.

I smoke probably once a month usually with one of my stoner neighbors lol playing lawn games.
It's a good way to chill...everyone should try it (especially CravingMountains)

Old 10-22-2014, 01:22 PM

5,368 posts, read 5,114,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I smell weed every single day where I live Congress Park, but it honestly doesn't bother me.

I smoke probably once a month usually with one of my stoner neighbors lol playing lawn games.
It's a good way to chill...everyone should try it (especially CravingMountains)
That would bother the hell out of me. And I am anxious to go back to a state where I can call the authorities for such behavior.

Old 10-22-2014, 01:28 PM

6,509 posts, read 10,151,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
Yep, I just love the mountain view in the West and uphills and downhills all over the town.

I lived in Dallas for 10 years and man it's flat and flat and flat and flat... for hours. Hardly any outdoor activity.
Sad thing is I may have to go back to Dallas in the future for some unfinished business at least for few years.
I'm sorry.

Old 10-22-2014, 01:32 PM

20,745 posts, read 11,510,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
That would bother the hell out of me. And I am anxious to go back to a state where I can call the authorities for such behavior.
You really need to move sooner rather than later, otherwise your head may explode at this rate.

I don't know what your job is, but it doesn't seem like this has been such a stellar career move if you can't afford to pay rent, so how much of a career set back would it really be if you left?

Old 10-22-2014, 02:54 PM

79 posts, read 82,864 times
Quote:
I suggest a move as soon as possible for your peace of mind. Also I would suggest that, unless you are merely intent on engaging in attention seeking behavior on teh internetz, you immediately move your internet activities to a Florida based forum for y our peace of mind as well.

Old 10-22-2014, 03:08 PM

12,219 posts, read 7,995,591 times
Quote:
Wow. So even if it wasn't bothering you but you knew it was going on you would still call the authorities?

Old 10-22-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Wow. So even if it wasn't bothering you but you knew it was going on you would still call the authorities?
If it wasn't bothering me, then no, I would not. But that poster says he smells it everyday from his neighbor. That would definitely bother me to the point where something would have to be done to stop it. You can't smell my glass of wine at night. I should't have to smell your pot.

Old 10-22-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
You really need to move sooner rather than later, otherwise your head may explode at this rate.

I don't know what your job is, but it doesn't seem like this has been such a stellar career move if you can't afford to pay rent, so how much of a career set back would it really be if you left?
I have regrets, yes, and if an opportunity arises for me to do so then I will go back home. The mild pay increase I took out here isn't enough to cover the difference in cost of living. But I was also quoted a different pay rate during my phone interviews than what the HR manager offered me when I arrived. A difference of about $6,000 a year. If I was making what I thought I was going to be making when I moved out here I would probably not be couch serfiing right now and complaining on C-D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver