U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 10:05 AM

305 posts, read 320,485 times

Advertisements

Ohhh haha.. for some dumb reason I was mistaking UCBoulder for North Dakota... late night moment. My bad.
Yeah I know UC actually has good academics, great actually, wish I wouldve known earlier though.. I may transfer, cause Id surely be able to get a job in Denver after coming outta there : D

The weed claim stays though, those kids can smoke some weed out there.. I mean it was piles of the stuff on Im Shmackeds vid. They even beat West Virgnia University as far as weed goes, I mean man.

If only CSU played in a real division though... i dont think the Buffs will ever be good, sad to say, and they dont have much good history... But originally being from Ohio Im kinda comparing the Buffs to alot. The basketball though..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbg_J6aaKik

Last edited by Black_Sheep3; 11-20-2014 at 10:29 AM..

Old 11-20-2014, 10:17 AM

8,623 posts, read 6,231,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
What on earth is with the rediculous rent prices in this city? And the competition for an apartment, especially in the lower income brackets is insane.

Seriously, what $600 will get you in Florida you have to be willing to spend $900-$1000 here in Denver. And be locked in with rediculous lease terms.

Why is this happening? Jobs pay the exact same here as they do in Florida yet cost of living is 40% higher. I really don't understand why. And don't say it's because of snowboarding because with the cost of living as high as it is I can't see any of the people I have met who moved here recently able to afford snowboarding.

My guess is the stoners. The number of people who I have met who smoke pot on a daily basis here is astonishing(and gross). They are jacking up the cost of living and hey don't care about the price as long as they can satisfy their drug habits legally.
Are you confusing weed with heroin junkies and meth heads? People who smoke weed aren't in the same league.

"Let's point at legal weed as the root of my woes" is an easy out for hose who don't know why rental prices are high. Rental prices are high everywhere and only Denver has legal weed. It's not legal in the surrounding DC area and we have higher rental rates than you.

Old 11-20-2014, 02:58 PM

12,268 posts, read 8,053,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Sheep3 View Post
Ohhh haha.. for some dumb reason I was mistaking UCBoulder for North Dakota... late night moment. My bad.
Yeah I know UC actually has good academics, great actually, wish I wouldve known earlier though.. I may transfer, cause Id surely be able to get a job in Denver after coming outta there : D

The weed claim stays though, those kids can smoke some weed out there.. I mean it was piles of the stuff on Im Shmackeds vid. They even beat West Virgnia University as far as weed goes, I mean man.

If only CSU played in a real division though... i dont think the Buffs will ever be good, sad to say, and they dont have much good history... But originally being from Ohio Im kinda comparing the Buffs to alot. The basketball though..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbg_J6aaKik
I think CU's football program is on the mend even though they are not good this year. Small strides.

Old 11-20-2014, 03:00 PM

21,055 posts, read 11,676,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
This. And I am pleased to say I will have positive things to report at the end of this week.
OP, do you have any updates? Hope you are in a better place these days, both physically and metaphorically!

Old 11-20-2014, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
OP, do you have any updates? Hope you are in a better place these days, both physically and metaphorically!
Maybe he finally joined the revolution and started getting high so he forgot how to post on here.

Old 11-20-2014, 07:09 PM

4,881 posts, read 9,632,372 times
I think "CravingMountains" went back to Florida. Here's his/her latest post in the Orlando forum:

"I just got back from Denver guys where there are a bunch of "good" jobs being created.

You know what? Those good jobs don't pay even close to enough to afford to live in that city. The COL is sky high and most people under the age of 30 are living in crammed homes or apartments with many other people and surviving only paycheck to paycheck.

Florida doesn't have the best quality of jobs. We all know that. But the COL throughout most of the state is so affordable that even having a lower income job is enough to survive quite comfortably. You can wait tables and afford a car, an apartment, and a few luxuries while living in Florida.

All things are relative. This jobs report is a good one. I prefer it to Colorado where more people have "good" jobs yet they are completely and totally broke."

Old 11-20-2014, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
I think "CravingMountains" went back to Florida. Here's his/her latest post in the Orlando forum:

"I just got back from Denver guys where there are a bunch of "good" jobs being created.

You know what? Those good jobs don't pay even close to enough to afford to live in that city. The COL is sky high and most people under the age of 30 are living in crammed homes or apartments with many other people and surviving only paycheck to paycheck.

Florida doesn't have the best quality of jobs. We all know that. But the COL throughout most of the state is so affordable that even having a lower income job is enough to survive quite comfortably. You can wait tables and afford a car, an apartment, and a few luxuries while living in Florida.

All things are relative. This jobs report is a good one. I prefer it to Colorado where more people have "good" jobs yet they are completely and totally broke."
He paints with a broad stroke.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:32 PM

13,965 posts, read 20,238,281 times
Default Misspelling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
He paints with a broad stroke.
I think you meant to write: with a broad toke.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:38 PM

20,855 posts, read 39,090,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post

Cool. I'll close this thread and wish that person all the best in his/her new location.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver