Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 07:08 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,099,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
"Minimum wage and typical pay rate" for what kind of job?

Where on South Monaco Parkway?
The minimum wage is $7.75. Based on the grammar in the initial post, I'm fairly certain that is the relevant wage to any job the OP would qualify for outside of tip-based services. Our unemployment is still fairly high and employers can be fairly choosy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 08:04 AM

17,711 posts, read 29,817,888 times
Default not so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
unemployment is still fairly high and employers can be fairly choosy.
Just dropped to 4.7%
Lowest since 2008

Old 10-22-2014, 08:05 AM

170 posts, read 246,264 times
Minimum wage in Colorado is currently $8.00 and usually most jobs pay more between $8.50 to $9.00. Right now our unemployment, based on the latest news, is pretty good in Colorado compared to previous years. The unemployment is at 4.7%.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:42 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
The minimum wage is $7.75. Based on the grammar in the initial post, I'm fairly certain that is the relevant wage to any job the OP would qualify for outside of tip-based services. Our unemployment is still fairly high and employers can be fairly choosy.
Denver's economy is quite stellar actually. 4.8% as of August and no doubt lower in September with the massive drop in unemployment that occurred that month. You will see me saying all types of negative things in the thread I started about the rental market here but if there is one thing that I have to definitely give a hand to Denver it is that the economy here is great. I am in my mid 20s and this is the first place I have ever lived in my life where I actually get call backs for jobs that I apply for.....lol. The only real job I ever got in Florida I had to beg an ex to give my resume to one of the execs in the company.

Unemployment Rates for Large Metropolitan Areas

Old 10-22-2014, 12:28 PM

170 posts, read 246,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Denver's economy is quite stellar actually. 4.8% as of August and no doubt lower in September with the massive drop in unemployment that occurred that month. You will see me saying all types of negative things in the thread I started about the rental market here but if there is one thing that I have to definitely give a hand to Denver it is that the economy here is great. I am in my mid 20s and this is the first place I have ever lived in my life where I actually get call backs for jobs that I apply for.....lol. The only real job I ever got in Florida I had to beg an ex to give my resume to one of the execs in the company.

Unemployment Rates for Large Metropolitan Areas
Yep, I agree, and the pay is great. I have a friend with just a business degree, with minimal work experience, who is working as a business analyst for a large company and is making in the high 70's.

That is why we have such a tight rental market and expensive housing market.

Old 10-22-2014, 01:18 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesare View Post
Yep, I agree, and the pay is great. I have a friend with just a business degree, with minimal work experience, who is working as a business analyst for a large company and is making in the high 70's.

That is why we have such a tight rental market and expensive housing market.
The pay is NOT great. The jobs here do not pay enough to survive. Pay levels here in Denver get you a shoe box to live in. You can wait tables in Florida and get a nicer apartment than you could here in Denver. That is my main complaint with living out here.

Your friend is not the norm. He is making 30,000 more a year than the median person is in Denver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver