U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 10:46 AM

226 posts, read 836,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpraceman View Post
You could levy the same complaints against them, so singling out HR seems a little unfair.
i didn't mean to single out highlands ranch. i think most of the suburbs of denver are very similar to it. i also didn't mean to imply that highlands ranch is an awful place... for some people it is wonderful and i can understand why they would think so. but i think that hr, as well as any of the suburbs of denver, would be a miserable place for the person who started this thread, based on the criteria he posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2007, 08:09 AM

16 posts, read 48,120 times
NO EXPERT HERE:

I do not live in CO yet, but I traveled through HR a year ago and didn't find it anything like the east coast description offered by the original poster here. Having grown up on the east coast (NC and VA) and traveled all over the place, I don't see the Denver area in general as being a place with a lot of character. Evenso, I'm not giving up my search for a place in the Denver area that has enough of it that I can feel at home.

My trip through the Denver area last year took me through HR and into the downtown area of Denver. I didn't spend enough time to really get to know all of the areas, but from what I saw at a glance was that Cherry Creek was very east coast-"ish" in feel -- trees, older custom homes, etc. Too expensive for me, but if I had what you could spend I might look at that area...

I'm planning to look more at Golden, Arvada and Evergreen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver