U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 12:55 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,211,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
It's crazy when people can afford such a nice house while paying out the nose for a private education that is often worse than the public schools. Unless you plan to pay dramatically more to get one of the top quality private schools. Well, best of luck on that. With that budget you'll find some options catering to you.
Well, the public schools won't brainwash your kids with particular religious views. In the public school system, they could end up thinking the earth is older than 6000 years or that gay people aren't hell-bound, predatory perverts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 01:23 PM

117 posts, read 178,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Well, the public schools won't brainwash your kids with particular religious views. In the public school system, they could end up thinking the earth is older than 6000 years or that gay people aren't hell-bound, predatory perverts
Listen, I'm not here to debate religious views. We are Christian. I don't need to defend that. If you don't have any help regarding my questions, I don't need the sarcastic, judgmental comments. Find something else to do. I only want suggestions to my legitimate questions.

I don't care that you think it's brainwashing.....move on to another board please!!! Geez, what is with people?

Old 11-05-2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutmad View Post
Listen, I'm not here to debate religious views. We are Christian. I don't need to defend that. If you don't have any help regarding my questions, I don't need the sarcastic, judgmental comments. Find something else to do. I only want suggestions to my legitimate questions.

I don't care that you think it's brainwashing.....move on to another board please!!! Geez, what is with people?
It's simply amazing and sad to me that because I mention wanting to put my child in a Christian school. I get so many hate and venom thrown my way!!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU???

Old 11-05-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutmad View Post

Well, so am I. Religious views are generally more kept to yourself here. It's not the Bible Belt.

If you want help, then you need to specify. Catholic? That's probably the most common religious school you'll find in metro Denver. The far out suburbs do have the evangelical type churches here and there. But "Christian school" is too general. I'm sure your religious views are quite specific and you're looking for a specific type of Christian school. From what I've seen, there are conservative evangelical type schools and Catholic. Not much in between, from what I've seen or heard. We're liberal Christians and there aren't an liberal Christian schools that I know of, so not an option for my kids. They do quite well in Denver's public schools and we're pleased.

Old 11-05-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Well, so am I. Religious views are generally more kept to yourself here. It's not the Bible Belt.

If you want help, then you need to specify. Catholic? That's probably the most common religious school you'll find in metro Denver. The far out suburbs do have the evangelical type churches here and there. But "Christian school" is too general. I'm sure your religious views are quite specific and you're looking for a specific type of Christian school. From what I've seen, there are conservative evangelical type schools and Catholic. Not much in between, from what I've seen or heard. We're liberal Christians and there aren't an liberal Christian schools that I know of, so not an option for my kids. They do quite well in Denver's public schools and we're pleased.
We are not a particular denomination. And it is important to us, so I couldn't "keep it to myself" since we are specifically looking for help, recommendations and guidance with a "Christian school."

I'm just looking for recommendations and help. I've been on these boards before and it amazes me that people are more interested in banter and debate and that is a bit frustrated. I don't know why people come on these boards unless they want to truly help someone. Otherwise, I'm far too busy to debate with people....

Old 12-20-2014, 10:24 PM

9 posts, read 13,714 times
Ambleside is a newer Christian school on county line road in centennial. It has been around I believe 4 years or so, and is growing pretty quickly. It follows a lot of Charlotte Mason's philosophies, so investigate that as well. They cap their class sizes at 16. It's a k-8 school. They have a couple of open houses a year and they also have certain days you can visit.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:53 PM

122 posts, read 133,228 times
Do you have to be a Catholic to get your child accepted at a Catholic school?

Old 12-21-2014, 07:24 PM

260 posts, read 586,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shark6286 View Post
No but non-parishoners usually pay more tuition costs. If I sent our kids to another parish which we did not attend, I would pay more than If I sent them to our parish school.

I should add that no, you don't need to be Catholic. The above answer assumes you are Catholic. You would pay more in tuition costs.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:46 PM

3,111 posts, read 4,881,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shark6286 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by roverchris View Post
No but non-parishoners usually pay more tuition costs. If I sent our kids to another parish which we did not attend, I would pay more than If I sent them to our parish school.

I should add that no, you don't need to be Catholic. The above answer assumes you are Catholic. You would pay more in tuition costs.
Unfortunately, some Protestant denominations have serious problems with the Catholic Church, with some even claiming that Catholics are not even Christian.

However, the modern Catholic church is pretty inclusive, and it allows children of all faiths and denominations to study at Catholic schools. The parish that hosts the school subsidizes that school through a portion of the church's Sunday collections. That is why non-parishoners pay slightly more.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
Unfortunately, some Protestant denominations have serious problems with the Catholic Church, with some even claiming that Catholics are not even Christian.

However, the modern Catholic church is pretty inclusive, and it allows children of all faiths and denominations to study at Catholic schools. The parish that hosts the school subsidizes that school through a portion of the church's Sunday collections. That is why non-parishoners pay slightly more.
Just make sure the kid's parents aren't of the same sex, or they'll kick the kid to the curb in a heartbeat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or