Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2014, 11:51 AM

36 posts, read 27,801 times

Advertisements

Hello! Me and my friend are planning on moving out of Rochester NY next year when my lease is up at my house. We are both early twenties, enjoy social activities, nightlife, and pay attention to our health. I would like some help/advice on what to expect moving to Denver and where some good neighborhoods would be for renting an apt/townhouse/whatever. We are interested in renting a two bedroom for ~$1000, preferably less if possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 12:38 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgreenwell View Post
Hello! Me and my friend are planning on moving out of Rochester NY next year when my lease is up at my house. We are both early twenties, enjoy social activities, nightlife, and pay attention to our health. I would like some help/advice on what to expect moving to Denver and where some good neighborhoods would be for renting an apt/townhouse/whatever. We are interested in renting a two bedroom for ~$1000, preferably less if possible.
$1000 for a 2-bedroom is gonna be limiting. That'll keep you out of central Denver pretty much entirely and even in the non-central Denver neighborhoods and the suburbs it'll limit you to older properties in less-hip neighborhoods.

What's important to you? Being as close as possible to the nightlife downtown? Being close to light rail? Being close to the mountains? Being close to work? The nicest apartment you can get for your budget?

Old 11-14-2014, 01:11 PM

We are willing to pay more and have been looking at apartments today just to get a general idea of what we are going to expect for our price range. I don't plan on having a car when we move so i will be relying on biking and public transportation. I also like outdoor activities so some nearby parks would be nice, and we both like to go to the bar now and then. We are willing to spend more if we absolutely need to but it must be reasonable, but we did seem to find some pretty nice places on craigslist (not that its really a good indication but ya know)

Old 11-14-2014, 01:21 PM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Default two criteria

Quote:
don't plan on having a car when we move
Look at:
RTD service area
Car2Go service area

live where both are convenient

Old 11-14-2014, 01:34 PM

Thank you, that was definitely a helpful suggestion that i didn't think of initially

Old 11-14-2014, 01:34 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
A place to consider might be the area around downtown Englewood - northern part of the 80110 zip code. There's a small commercial area on Broadway with a few nightlife options - Brews on Broadway, Mo's, Gothic Theater - plus you have easy access to a light rail/bus station and the 0 bus which goes straight down Broadway into downtown Denver (which is about 5 miles away). It also has easy access to the Bear Creek and Platte River bike trails. That, and you can probably get a 2 bedroom apartment in the area for $900-$1100.

The area I'm thinking about is bounded by Hampden (to the South) Darthmouth (to the North) Sante Fe (to the West) and Downing (to the East).

Old 11-14-2014, 01:48 PM

Thats definitely a possibility after looking at it. Thanks! We are also considering just doing a one bedroom at first if it means would could possibly save some money or rent in a more 'hip' area. We read some good things about the capitol hill and highlands area but haven't looked into those areas enough to make a decision yet.

Old 11-14-2014, 04:02 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,397,079 times
Quote:
We are willing to pay more and have been looking at apartments today just to get a general idea of what we are going to expect for our price range. I don't plan on having a car when we move so i will be relying on biking and public transportation. I also like outdoor activities so some nearby parks would be nice, and we both like to go to the bar now and then. We are willing to spend more if we absolutely need to but it must be reasonable, but we did seem to find some pretty nice places on craigslist (not that its really a good indication but ya know)
You can easily find many places that has good public transportation. Do no think good public transit only exist in the central metro core as there are many areas farther out that are also well served. RTD is considered one of the best transit systems and now is in the process of the largest expansion of transit with rails and buses in the nation. RTD

Bicycling is very much accepted here and RTD allows bicycles on buses and trains. Finding parks is also not a problem as you will be surprised by the extensive parks and trails in the metro area. There are many interconnecting bike trails that go on for miles.

The previous poster's poster's suggestion to look in the city of Englewood is an excellent suggestion. Do not be confuse, many far out suburban areas us the Englewood Post Office and the location suggested is this small city that is contiguous to some great neighborhoods of South Denver. It is also adjacent to the Platte River and the extensive trail system that is found alongside.

I grew up in NYC and WNY, near Buffalo. The Denver area is a great place to live. I have been here 36 years.

Livecontent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: