U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 02:38 PM

3 posts, read 2,002 times

Advertisements

I want to go shopping on Black Friday, but don't want my kids to come with me (for obvious Christmas reasons).

I found this baseball and softball camp for kids on Black Friday at a batting cage called "Here To Play"? But I'd like to see what other options are out there... any suggestions would be helpful :]

Kids: Boy, 11; Girl, 9
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 08:38 AM

12,244 posts, read 8,033,606 times
Why would you want to go shopping on that day? That is the absolute worst day to go out shopping. I honestly hate the term "Black Friday". I think you should spend the day with your kids instead of shopping. Sorry, that is all I have to offer.

Old 11-13-2014, 11:57 AM

254 posts, read 428,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Why would you want to go shopping on that day? That is the absolute worst day to go out shopping. I honestly hate the term "Black Friday". I think you should spend the day with your kids instead of shopping. Sorry, that is all I have to offer.
I agree. I may be in the minority, but I think it is ridiculous that Park Meadows had Santa arrive last weekend! That's right, Santa arrived on November 8. Next year the arrival date will be in mid-October...

Old 11-13-2014, 12:34 PM

3,940 posts, read 3,236,532 times
Quote:
Maybe she will have already spent an entire week with the kids (since school is out that week) and wants/needs/deserves a break. Maybe going out on Black Friday with other family and/or friends to go shopping is a tradition for her, as it is for many people. It's not my cup of tea, but I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainK View Post
I agree. I may be in the minority, but I think it is ridiculous that Park Meadows had Santa arrive last weekend! That's right, Santa arrived on November 8. Next year the arrival date will be in mid-October...
I saw that. There was a line to see him too.

I am came off a little harsh in my initial post. I have a hard enough time going shopping during non-peak hours. These days my wife and I do all our shopping online.

I wish I had something to offer for your kids to do. Depending on how much time you need maybe they could go see a movie.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:47 PM

20,950 posts, read 11,615,689 times
Some of the drop in childcare centers like this one are open

Denver, Colorado – At Mayfair | KidsTown Drop-in Child Care Centers

But I don't think it would be too fun for 9 and 11 year olds. I'd probably try to arrange a playdate for them with a friend. Maybe you and the other mom can switch off - you go shopping for a few hours in the morning and then come home and take her kid(s) while she does something in the afternoon? Personally, I'm happy to stay home with my kid that day, you couldn't pay me enough to shop with those crowds!!

Old 11-13-2014, 02:01 PM

3,940 posts, read 3,236,532 times
Quote:
I saw that. There was a line to see him too.

I am came off a little harsh in my initial post. I have a hard enough time going shopping during non-peak hours. These days my wife and I do all our shopping online.

I wish I had something to offer for your kids to do. Depending on how much time you need maybe they could go see a movie.
I totally hear what you are saying, timmyy. I would not go out on Black Friday either. I already do about 40% of my shopping online, and I have gotten so spoiled with Amazon Prime, that if something isn't Prime eligible and comes with free shipping, I usually don't buy it.

Old 11-13-2014, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Some of the drop in childcare centers like this one are open

Denver, Colorado At Mayfair | KidsTown Drop-in Child Care Centers

But I don't think it would be too fun for 9 and 11 year olds. I'd probably try to arrange a playdate for them with a friend. Maybe you and the other mom can switch off - you go shopping for a few hours in the morning and then come home and take her kid(s) while she does something in the afternoon? Personally, I'm happy to stay home with my kid that day, you couldn't pay me enough to shop with those crowds!!
This isn't a bad idea. I'll have to discuss with the other parents and see their plans for that day. I was just hoping there was something more fun and exciting to do in the area while their on their "vacation" weekend. All else fails, I can do the softball/baseball thing because they like playing sports a lot.

Not a huge a fan of the crowds of Black Friday either, but it is a tradition and I LOVE the sales :] Usually their father can spend time with them while I shop, but he has to work that day this year...

Any other unique suggestions would be awesome though (still have some time to decide)!

Old 11-13-2014, 02:55 PM

Drop them off at Casa Bonita?

Old 11-13-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Drop them off at Casa Bonita?
Haha maybe not THAT exciting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or